Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel the Rio Olympics ?
Cancel the Rio Olympics ?
http://www.vocativ.com/news/279337/rio-zika-olympics/

The reasoning to me seems to hit on the Zika epidemic is something Brazil isn't going to be controlling anytime soon, and, even Brazil's ability to host the Olympics sans the epidemic looks iffy, so there is no way they can do both.

I find the logic inescapable.  Unfortunately, I'd say it's certain enough of the Olympic Committee is corrupt, the right thing ain't gonna happen.

Damn, this is going to be a cluster fuck of the ages.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Cancel the Rio Olympics ?
They could cancel the olympics permanently for all I care.
It could be an economic holocaust too. What if they go ahead with the Olympics, and 75, 80, or 85% of the Olympians and tourists do not show up ??

And what if they do, and spread fucking Zika everywhere ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Good chance it may be cancelled or postponed?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'd like to think so.

If a few governments announce they are not sending their athletes, and forbidding their citizens travel to/from the affected areas, it might.

It was shaping up to be a disaster of some minor to major degree anyhow, Zika seems to be a game changer.

Send 'em back to London. The new and shiny hasn't worn off the facilities yet.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Or Athens. They've got money!

Roflmao!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Just make the next Olympics - a clip-show episode.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Virtual Olympics ??