Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Position On Reporting Abuse
Catholic Position On Reporting Abuse
Here is the quote: " bishops have no duty to report allegations to the police, which he says is up to victims and their families".

Another quote: "According to the state of civil laws of each country where reporting is obligatory, it is not necessarily the duty of the bishop to report suspects to authorities, the police or state prosecutors in the moment when they are made aware of crimes or sinful deeds."

http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2016/02/07...sex-abuse/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/fe...tican-says
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Catholic Position On Reporting Abuse
Uhm... say what now?

Well that's marvellous. What's the easiest way to donate money to this fine establishment?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
No surprise here.

Cover up is just the same as approval/complicity. I just can't shake the idea abusing a kid is actually a sacrament to these creeps in cassocks.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Where's our buddy RICO when we need him ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Looks like Pope Frank is just a bullshitter after all.
Of course they're not going to do anything. They're too busy dehumanizing gay people, fighting to overpopulate the world, and being twats in general.
Yeah, the people in power aren't obliged to help weed out corruption. It's up to the families to convince others that the "holy" men aren't that holy. Somehow I don't think that's enough.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

No surprises.

I've been suspicious of Don Frankie for some time.

Must call my mother tonight and ask her why she still supports this corrupt institution.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 11, 2016 at 7:19 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Here is the quote: " bishops have no duty to report allegations to the police, which he says is up to victims and their families".

He can run his mouth as much as he wants, but there's still the legal obligation to report crimes. At least in every legal system I'm aware of. In denying that he's more or less calling for the bishops to become accomplices.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
They already are accomplices.  Every time they transfer a pervert priest to a new hunting ground they facilitate their crimes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 2018 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Saudi Arabia: Leaked reports reveal severe abuse of political prisoners-The Guardian WinterHold 6 1112 April 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 438 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Catholic abuse investigations expand. brewer 29 2920 September 11, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Pope Francis Abuse Scandal Catholic_Lady 101 10376 September 5, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Christians Stormy Trump Position brewer 18 1017 January 24, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  "Senseless" used in reporting crimes. Brian37 13 2391 April 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Four kids & mom of Catholic family die in a house fire. Jehanne 114 17339 March 9, 2017 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  British woman 'arrested in Dubai after reporting rape' zebo-the-fat 28 3635 November 19, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Got a million or so just lying around? You can buy a position in the US government. ReptilianPeon 8 1359 September 18, 2016 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam