Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The merits of large families
The merits of large families
Is there merits, or hidden benefits for large families, especially where there are five or more children born to the woman?

Large families these days are quite rare, to the point where four children is considered a noticeable brood.

I think his has had to do with both parents in families sadly working, and buying into the idea that "less is more" as far as kiddies go Sad .

But if you will, examine these large families for me

1. http://images.politico.com/global/2012/0...ap_605.jpg

2. http://www.jackson5abc.com/wp-content/up...0-1726.jpg

3. http://snappa.static.pressassociation.io...00x337.jpg

4. http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dyna...367524.jpg

Notice a common theme with all of them. The children all seem quite happy and joyful, and likely brought their parents great joy and happiness.

More to the point, at least one (if not all-see the Baldwins!) made it big and became famous. It stands to reason that the more children a couple have, the greater likelihood one of them makes it big ( in hollywood, politics, sports etc.) and brings the rest of the family fame, comfort, power or any of the above. It almost seems in one's best interest to have as many children as possible, for that very reason.

Further having many kids can make one's home less labor intensive. Having older kids around means more kids to help clean up, or look after the little ones so overworked mom and pop can have a fun outing together. Also... have any of you seen the sound of music? Don't you remember how much joy and companionship the Von Trapp children were able to bring to eachother? I know it was a fictional movie... but still I find that part of the film quite realistic.

Thoguhts please!
RE: The merits of large families
The Jacksons and Kennedys were happy and joyful!? That's hilarious.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
What about the Duggars?

The family that molests together gets on TV!
(February 15, 2016 at 12:50 pm)Mermaid Wrote: The Jacksons and Kennedys were happy and joyful!? That's hilarious.

As children I believe the Kennedeys were, except for the unfortunate one who was shipped off to the institution Sad .

Both children had unfortunate father figures, though by all accounts their mothers were dutiful, but wronged and kind-hearted women.

I suspect though, that they banded together and gave eachother comraedery in the face of their rather strict and non-nonsense fathers.
Famous? Good or bad? Same logic applies to breeding serial killers.

Are you still reproductive? Do you consider this a serious plan? 6 to 12 little TC's?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 15, 2016 at 1:00 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Famous? Good or bad? Same logic applies to breeding serial killers.

Are you still reproductive? Do you consider this a serious plan? 6 to 12 little TC's?

6-12? Goodness, that might be quite the task for my darling future wife Wink .

Still, I am sure she would accept it as her duty and calling. Plus naked self-interest would motivate her as well, to not by like those frigid, uptight career women on the pill Dodgy .

The more heirs she produces, the more likely it will be that one of them will make it big in hollywood or the business world!
(February 15, 2016 at 1:00 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Famous? Good or bad? Same logic applies to breeding serial killers.

Can you even begin to imagine how screwed up those kids would be?  Yikes!!!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
@ TC

Has it occurred to you that the decline in family size has less to do with speculation about how happy the children will be and everything to do with economics? In agrarian cultures without mechanization, children are a financial plus. For people living in modern economies, they are a financial cost.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(February 15, 2016 at 1:06 pm)Jenny A Wrote: @ TC

Has it occurred to you that the decline in family size has less to do with speculation about how happy the children will be and everything to do with economics?   In agrarian cultures without mechanization, children are a financial plus. For people living in modern economies,  they are a financial cost.

That's sort of a.. cold way of looking at it. Undecided

I thought it had more to do with the availability and affectiveness of contraception, which up until about 50 years ago.. really wasn't all that wide spread.

Oh. And honorable mention of large family: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/harr...0222043720
I don't want any children. Make of that what you will.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large Scale Conditioning henryp 12 2041 June 5, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: IATIA