Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge refuses to return child to Ore. parents
Judge refuses to return child to Ore. parents
The Followers of Christ church are at it again. At least a judge stepped in for now. I hope, for the child's sake, they don't give her back to the parents.

http://www.dailytidings.com/apps/pbcs.dl...-1/NEWSMAP
binnyCoffee
RE: Judge refuses to return child to Ore. parents
Again, if these douchebags want to pray themselves into an early grave that's fine with me. But when they try to kill their kids that's going way too far with their bullshit.
Again with this 15th century nonsense. Don't these people ever grow up? They probably don't have a car or electricity either.
(July 16, 2010 at 2:59 pm)binny Wrote: The Followers of Christ church are at it again.

There're always at it. That's why there is so much conflict between reasonable mature people and these batshit crazy delusional, shit for brain, brain cell lacking bastards.

I couldn't give a damn if they spent their whole lives in delusion but to bring their kids into it is just wrong. Delusional fools who can't grow up.

Just came back from my week in clacton. So many hot girls! Wow! Eyed up a few and I got eyed up on too! Anyway, great to be back.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm)Ace Wrote: There're always at it. That's why there is so much conflict between reasonable mature people and these batshit crazy delusional, shit for brain, brain cell lacking bastards.

I couldn't give a damn if they spent their whole lives in delusion but to bring their kids into it is just wrong. Delusional fools who can't grow up.

Just came back from my week in clacton. So many hot girls! Wow! Eyed up a few and I got eyed up on too! Anyway, great to be back.Big Grin

It seems you've got a bit of a one-track mind Ace. Wink

As for the story, I think it shows the stultifying power of religion and a lack of critical thinking, rather than that the parents are cruel or neglectful. Maybe I'm wrong, but you have to be nuts to treat your child like this.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Quote:It seems you've got a bit of a one-track mind Ace. Wink
Haha, no shit. Girls girls girls! I love em! One managed to stop me breathing by sitting on my face too hard. God I love em. They can be so naughty! Saw one lass in claction with two very sexy legs! Wow they looked good. She probably could strangle an elephant with them.

Quote:As for the story, I think it shows the stultifying power of religion and a lack of critical thinking, rather than that the parents are cruel or neglectful. Maybe I'm wrong, but you have to be nuts to treat your child like this.

Aye. They would gamble their own children's lives on their delusional beliefs. They can refuse treatment for themselves but not their kids or anyone else! That's just sick.
Religious beliefs are personal beliefs. It's all it is and so shouldn't be used to determine medical treatment, make rules/laws, influence the government, education or anything else. Because It's just a belief. Nothing more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
5 years later, talking to the parents who adopted her:

"Well honey, you're blind because instead of going to a doctor, which would have had you healed in no time, your delusional parents went the cheaper way, asking their fictional deity to cure you. It didn't pan out. Sorry, dear."
Poor kid. Sad
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
When my son was born, I hired a lawyer to write my will (and my living will) to make it as clear as possible that my mother is not to have custody of my son or be the one to make decisions regarding my son. It's a concern of mine because my mother in law has a physical disability, so the people we have chosen to be his guardians are not related to us by blood, but rather by something that actually matters. The law however, tends not to see things that way, which is why we hired the lawyer instead of trying to do it ourselves.

You see, if my mother were in charge, and the person she was guardian of was in need of a blood transfusion or organ replacement, the person she was guardian of would be forced to go without unless they were of sufficient age to make their own wishes clear. And in a bit of cognitive dissonance, if the person my mother was guardian of was injured in such a way as to render their quality of life non-existent and leave them dependent on a machine for basic bodily functions, if not left in a full persistent vegetative state, my mother would do everything she could to ensure they clung to existence as long as possible.

It is appalling to see a parent so brainwashed they would genuinely refuse to look out for their child's best interests.
(July 16, 2010 at 6:46 pm)In This Mind Wrote: You see, if my mother were in charge, and the person she was guardian of was in need of a blood transfusion or organ replacement, the person she was guardian of would be forced to go without unless they were of sufficient age to make their own wishes clear. And in a bit of cognitive dissonance, if the person my mother was guardian of was injured in such a way as to render their quality of life non-existent and leave them dependent on a machine for basic bodily functions, if not left in a full persistent vegetative state, my mother would do everything she could to ensure they clung to existence as long as possible.

Jehova's Witness?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 168 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Return to ShipBuilder ShipBuilder 36 2693 October 5, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Relic to return to Bethlehem in time for Christmas zebo-the-fat 18 2155 December 8, 2019 at 7:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 14990 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When will Jesus return? Jehanne 28 2602 September 6, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3587 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 807 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5669 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22887 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3323 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic