Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huh?
Huh?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul...rave-crime

Wow.

Stay classy Vatican, stay classy.
RE: Huh?
(July 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm)In This Mind Wrote: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul...rave-crime

Wow.

This is going to be awesome. Popcorn
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 17, 2010 at 7:41 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(July 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm)In This Mind Wrote: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul...rave-crime

Wow.

This is going to be awesome. Popcorn

Catholic women have put up with this shit for 2000 years. Doubt even this will change anything.
If female ordination is on the same level as child molesting then it should be ok then.

Since the church hierarchy engage in that all the time.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
If ever someone doubted the misogynistic intention of scripture...

The old geezer is raising the level of batshit insanity to yet another level of meaning.

On the other hand one could argue that the sheer incomprehensibility of this surely must indicate the awesome powers of divine inspiration at work here. We humans simply don't understand this, so it must be something supernatural beyond our preposterous little brain capacity.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Quote:The change put the "offence" on a par with the sex abuse of minors.

Yeah, as Badger said, that's apparently about as minor a crime as you can have. Expect to see female archibishops damn soon.
I'm baffled as to why the OP was surprised at this. The Vatican have been doing this for years. It doesn't really bother me; why would any self-respecting woman want to join the ranks of paedophiles anyway?
(July 18, 2010 at 5:29 am)Tiberius Wrote: I'm baffled as to why the OP was surprised at this. The Vatican have been doing this for years. It doesn't really bother me; why would any self-respecting woman want to join the ranks of paedophiles anyway?

Women love kids as it's their duty as a gender to look after them.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(July 18, 2010 at 5:29 am)Tiberius Wrote: I'm baffled as to why the OP was surprised at this.

I'm not surprised they feel that way. I'm surprised that they were honest enough to put it that bluntly.
Well, they actually gave a 'punishment' to ordained women as opposite to the pedos– they still don't have to be reported to the police.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ha, huh because.... Science says so! Drich 122 31323 August 3, 2015 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Paul's Epistles: HUH??? DeistPaladin 1 1747 January 18, 2012 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist