Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please give me evidence for God.
I don't care if it's Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, whoever. I want some evidence. I'm not particularly fond of anecdotes or eyewitnesses. Nonetheless if you post it I will look at it, but it is very unlikely that I will take its word for it.

Please leave me sources and evidence that whoever wrote it is a reliable source of information and can easily be taken seriously. Please also leave how they came to this conclusion and what evidence they saw.

(March 3, 2016 at 10:27 am)GeneralDog Wrote: I don't care if it's Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, whoever. I want some evidence. I'm not particularly fond of anecdotes or eyewitnesses. Nonetheless if you post it I will look at it, but it is very unlikely that I will take its word for it.

Please leave me sources and evidence that whoever wrote it is a reliable source of information and can easily be taken seriously. Please also leave how they came to this conclusion and what evidence they saw.

Also any evidence AGAINST a god is appreciated as well.
RE: Please give me evidence for God.
If I told you you had to three things "X,Y,Z" Would you do those three things if God Himself provided said 'proof?'
(March 3, 2016 at 10:39 am)Drich Wrote: If I told you you had to three things "X,Y,Z" Would you do those three things if God Himself provided said 'proof?'

I'm not sure if I am fully understanding your question. Although at the end you say if God himself provided proof, please give it to me, and which god is it?
You'll find theists have a very different idea of what "evidence" means Tongue

Good for you for throwing out the challenge though!

There's no evidence against a generic deist creator god, except to say that it's an unnecessary assumption.

The evidence that the storybook gods aren't real, or at least are nothing like the stories, is that the stories are a load of shit. They are frequently completely inaccurate, and do not represent anything you would expect from a being that actually knew some stuff.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 3, 2016 at 10:43 am)robvalue Wrote: You'll find theists have a very different idea of what "evidence" means Tongue

Its not really a challenge, I'm just wondering if a phrase I find myself saying "There is no evidence for a god" is true. If someone gives me multiple pieces of very credible evidence for any god then I may change my mind.
I see Smile

Well, it's still impressive! I appreciate people who are in the pursuit of truth.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(March 3, 2016 at 10:43 am)robvalue Wrote: You'll find theists have a very different idea of what "evidence" means Tongue

There's no evidence against a generic deist creator god, except to say that it's an unnecessary assumption.

The evidence that the storybook gods aren't real, or at least are nothing like the stories, is that the stories are a load of shit. They are frequently completely inaccurate, and do not represent anything you would expect from a being that actually knew some stuff.

pretty much this. Most of the arguments for god are arguments for any god you pick. They may insist that the universe needs a creator, and want to insert their particular creator god into it, instead of another from a long list of creator gods to choose from. The more specific you get, the harder it is to prove.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Theists asking you to disprove god, before they have proved it in the first place, is pretty good evidence that they don't have any evidence.

[Image: logic.jpg]

Index of my best videos
Does anyone want to present anything? I will be happy to look at it.
(March 3, 2016 at 11:24 am)GeneralDog Wrote: Does anyone want to present anything? I will be happy to look at it.

Don't ask Vorlon this question.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 865 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6460 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4076 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 13420 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
  Reading the bible: please help! ignoramus 71 14815 October 8, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2893 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 16343 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 915 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 801 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why Give God Credit for the Things We Do? Rhondazvous 19 2806 March 13, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Antares