Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat
A man on trial in southern Russia faces a possible one-year prison sentence for having written "there is no God" during an internet exchange.
He was charged in Stavropol for having "insulted the feelings of worshipers". Such "insults" were outlawed in 2013 after the Pussy Riot case, in which two punk performers were jailed.
The relevant Russian law provides several alternatives to a one-year prison term in such cases, including a fine of up to 300,000 roubles (£2,900; $4,083) or up to 240 hours' forced labour.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35715325

Damn these atheistic commies!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm surprised that Putin allows such a law.
RE: Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat
And I though that Poland and it's absurd blasphemy laws is extreme.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
The Russian Orthodox church is one of the pillars of Putin's rule. That cold fish is one of the purest opportunists ever coming to power. And that made him a nice fortune of about 36 billion Euros. A few analysts even call him the richest man on earth, owning a fortune of about 200 billions. But that's disputed by most.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Poor Russia. Will you ever find the happy medium between enforcing atheism and enforcing theism: not enforcing either?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Almost makes me pine for the good old days.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Dzugashvili re-opened the Orthodox churches and returned their icons in 1941, when they had a few million fascists charging into the country. He closed them again after the war.
God allows it, what's the problem?

Fucking idiots. What a disgusting ruling.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Where's the corresponding law for "insulting the intelligence of half-bright people over the age of ten"?

In lieu of true secularism and freedom of speech, tit-for-tat is fair game.
(March 3, 2016 at 12:00 pm)KUSA Wrote: I'm surprised that Putin allows such a law.

UGGGGGGGG, Putin never was an atheist, most Russians are not and were never atheists, even under Stalin. Russian Orthodox Christianity was always favored in Russia, it simply was restrained from criticizing the state like any other aspect of society, but it was still the majority religion in Russia.

Same stupid "godless" claim about Cuba. Cuba is NOT an atheist nation. It is a very deeply religious nation. It is simply that the state doesn't tolerate anyone questioning the party, even the favored religion.

Putin has quoted his Christian God in defense of anti gay laws and has said "We are all God's Children" in reference to not wanting gays to influence children.

The reason he wants the "don't offend religion" laws isn't to protect every religion, but to protect Russian Orthodox Christians. Pussy Riot was defending minorities and political dissent, Putin shits on pluralism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3410 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6084 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6072 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Man created god Foxaèr 10 3588 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 14802 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Theists i want a quick forum chat with you dyresand 24 6368 July 25, 2015 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Indoctrination by internet TubbyTubby 14 2347 May 11, 2015 at 7:26 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Anyone got a comment for this..? dyresand 85 9177 March 30, 2015 at 12:18 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Ken Ham petulantly stamps his feet at reality, internet replies, "this is stupid." Esquilax 92 21227 February 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Catholic vandal on trial: punishment would be an "attack on Christians." Esquilax 91 15081 February 5, 2015 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32