Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question About Posting Music I Made Myself
Serious Question About Posting Music I Made Myself
I make music as a hobby, but my music has been getting better and I have been wanting to publicly post one of my songs on AF for a while, so I have a serious question:

I may attempt to sell some of my music at least to a niche audience (I have proof of Copyright because I am only going to post Mp3 quality and only I have the original high quality files) -- so my question is, if I post it publicly in Mp3 quality form, here on AF, would that be "publishing it" to the extent that I would no longer legally be allowed to sell my own music/I would lose my copyright so others would be able to sell my Mp3s despite my having the high quality audio files? (I am a resident of the United Kingdom, if that is relevant to Copyright)
RE: Serious Question About Posting Music I Made Myself
Evie, if you want a ghost of a chance to make any money selling shit on the net, put something good out there so it can go viral.
That's how many names have started out these days.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
@ Ig

Not aiming to make money from it, that would just be a nice bonus, to make little -- just the mere possibly of a little, not remotely expecting anything to go viral, my music is made for my own entertainment, if I tried anything commercial it would suck donkey balls, I only know how to make what I myself have fun making -- I really do just want to know the answer to my question in the OP because I just want to know if I can share my music here on AF so my lovely AF friends can hear it and enjoy it and/or criticize the fuck out of it without my posting it here equating to"publishing it" to the extent of robbing myself of my own copyright --

that is all
I got no clue. Suggest contact a copy write atty (international/net).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insane quality images made by AI. purplepurpose 11 2243 August 10, 2023 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 611 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Christian music you actually like? JairCrawford 31 2692 June 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New Ahem Music Istvan 1 404 March 20, 2022 at 3:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2576 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6253 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Listening to music popeyespappy 35 3449 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Music Composition FlatAssembler 1 249 May 22, 2020 at 3:08 pm
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1135 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 589 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye