Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should North America get tougher on its citizens like Singapore?
Should North America get tougher on its citizens like Singapore?
After Reading some rather interesting articles written by Canadian doctor Dr.Gifford-Jones on North America's "namby-pamby permissiveness"  in comparison to Singapore's more strict authoritativeness http://canadafreepress.com/2006/health040306.htm
Quote:In the 1970s Singapore had a serious problem. The use of heroin was spreading to young people. And former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew decided to nip the trend in the bud. He introduced the death penalty for major drug traffickers and some offences were also punishable by '"caning".

The government realized that nothing would work if drugs were easily available. So black market areas of drug abuse were flooded with police 24 hours a day for up to nine months (cities in Canada take note). Addicts were sent to treatment centers, major drug dealers were hung and small pushers imprisoned.

Criminals quickly realized that not only were these new laws harsh, but also police intended to carry them out. Moreover, caning made a distinct impression on their backsides and their heads.

Many in North America consider this type of punishment brutal, a return to the dark ages. But officials told me that only five per cent of criminals became repeat offenders after meeting the cane (officials and do-gooders take note).Singapore officials stated that North Americans have become "irresponsibly permissive". How true! And this attitude starts early. Consider how we allow students, hardly out of diapers, to rule the classroom, insisting they have their "rights", but ignoring any responsibility (school boards take note).

This namby-pamby permissiveness results in drug trafficking, addiction and finally murder when punishment is soft, delayed or even nil.
. One has to wonder would Singapore strict laws/punishments really clean up North American society for the better?
RE: Should North America get tougher on its citizens like Singapore?
Yes, what America needs is a more authoritarian law enforcement. That'll clean the place up. We will then come over in due time to collect what's left of a once proud country, if there's something left worth salvaging.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah, no.
America already is a place that lands you on the sex offenders list for taking a leak in public. I think that's already far enough on the law and order side.

Singapore is a country where you land in jail for spitting out a chewing gum.

Anyone's idea of freedom?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Actually ending the drug war would be the proper solution. Alcohol prohibition didn't work. Drug prohibition isn't working. Legalizing, taxing, and regulating the system is what has and will work.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 11, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Alex K Wrote: Yes, what America needs is a more authoritarian law enforcement. That'll clean the place up. We will then come over in due time to collect what's left of a once proud country, if there's something left worth salvaging.

LOL, at least we can expect relief.  Bring bacon, I'll have run out.  You'll be able to recognize my home by the sandbags, concertina, and american fag flying upside down..if the sound of constant small arms fire doesn't give it away first.  It would be wise to yell "I'm not a cop!" as loudly as possible on the way in, wave the bacon too, I'll remember.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Fuck no.

Singapore has the death penalty for possessing certain amount of drugs. So fuck that, and fuck anyone who thinks this is a good idea. End the goddamn war on drugs. It's a waste of time, money, energy, and police resources. Dr. Gifford-Jones is a damn quack anyway.
(March 11, 2016 at 5:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Alex K Wrote: Yes, what America needs is a more authoritarian law enforcement. That'll clean the place up. We will then come over in due time to collect what's left of a once proud country, if there's something left worth salvaging.

LOL, at least we can expect relief.  Bring bacon, I'll have run out.  You'll be able to recognize my home by the sandbags, concertina, and american fag flying upside down..if the sound of constant small arms fire doesn't give it away first.  It would be wise to yell "I'm not a cop!" as loudly as possible on the way in, wave the bacon too, I'll remember.   Wink
Worry not,
Lard Sans Frontieres will be airdropping necessary supplies
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI & Citizens Wage FrustratedFool 8 876 September 14, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  North Sea oil LinuxGal 7 574 September 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3823 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7309 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7327 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6852 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3039 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1091 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3583 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 813 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp