Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't do "lack of belief", bitch.
I don't do "lack of belief", bitch.
I am an atheist who can state with absolute certainty that your god does not exist.

I can state it with more certainty than the theistic equivalent of religious faith.

Religious faith is fucking lame, for it is nothing more than wishful thinking wrapped in imagination.

We live in a world where we already know things do not exist by the very fact that there is no evidence for those things having an existence.

The fact that we must persist in this religious fantasy is demeaning to our intelligence as a species.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I don't do "lack of belief", bitch.
404 - god does not exist
303 - religion is a lie
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
101 - Common sense.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
202: I love you too!

Biatch!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Certitude ≠ factuality.

I'm happy to say that I'm as sure as I can reasonably be that overblown storybook characters do not generally exist outside of the books they feature in.

There is always the chance I'm deluded, or that there's some bizarre cosmic joke being played on me. Or some ludicrous coincidence.

However, reconciling anything real with the contradictory mess presented in some of the popular storybooks is problematic at best.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
505: I am the ruler of the world!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Gods do not exist. I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I hate to break up the circle of self gratifying platitudes you all created here, with something most of you don't seem to get. (logic)

But... 'one cannot prove universal or absolute non-existence.'
(March 21, 2016 at 3:50 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Certitude ≠ factuality.

Indeed. Feel free to be a gnostic atheist. Or a gnostic theist. I've always been agnostic, though I was a theist once.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1308 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 7015 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Belief Catharsis 57 4228 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 17028 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials joseph_ 4 1237 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Jarrey
  What is needed to combat the overwhelming level of belief in God? SteveII 149 20680 December 14, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 9882 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Theism the unscientific belief dyresand 18 4062 November 11, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why is Faith/Belief a Moral Issue? Rhondazvous 120 25157 August 21, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How to avoid confusion in your Christian belief. Pyrrho 14 3536 May 25, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb