Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mom is so cute.
My Mom is so cute.
She's a very giving lady, still has all her marbles for her age. But like everyone, things are not what they used to be. New technology can stump many the older they get, and I guess that will happen to me as well to some degree.

Ok, so I wrote a poem for her, going to print it out tomorrow when I visit. But I don't have a printer so I was going to print it out on her computer. I posted on the link bellow.

So I tell her I will use her computer and printer to print it out for her. And she asks "How are you going to get your poem off of my computer?" She didn't understand I had posted it online. All I have to do is go to the website I posted it at.

I really have no room to talk, cell phones have been around forever and I didn't get my first one until last year.
RE: My Mom is so cute.
(March 21, 2016 at 6:23 pm)Brian37 Wrote: She's a very giving lady, still has all her marbles for her age. But like everyone, things are not what they used to be. New technology can stump many the older they get, and I guess that will happen to me as well to some degree.

Ok, so I wrote a poem for her, going to print it out tomorrow when I visit. But I don't have a printer so I was going to print it out on her computer. I posted on the link bellow.

So I tell her I will use her computer and printer to print it out for her. And she asks "How are you going to get your poem off of my computer?" She didn't understand I had posted it online. All I have to do is go to the website I posted it at.

I really have no room to talk, cell phones have been around forever and I didn't get my first one until last year.

I don't get it. You young people think you have all the answers with your fancy pants young people skills haha jk. I hear ya. Even a simple thing of emailing your document to yourself is a way to always be able to get access to it from any computer. A great way to store files for free instead of USB drives. 

I try to help my grandparents with their computer often, usually they are clicking on all sorts of popups, and spam so I have to clean it up. At least they haven't started giving money to the kings in Nigeria who promise a fortune for paying the money transfer fees. You sound very young if you just got a cell phone last year. Just wait until you get older. You will become lost in the world of all the new technology. I know what twitter is, but have never used it, and really don't care to, or facebook for that matter.
How is your mother, btw? Is she getting along okay independently?
I remember you were worried a few months ago.
Pics of it's not real.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:She didn't understand I had posted it online.

That means the NSA has it, too.
(March 21, 2016 at 8:27 pm)Thena323 Wrote: How is your mother, btw? Is she getting along okay independently?
I remember you were worried a few months ago.

She's doing fine right now. She's healthy, but she is also 83.
My grandmother is 92 and still lives on her own. Tough lady, that one is.

Kudos to you and your mom.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mom is 102! Gwaithmir 20 1607 September 23, 2023 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Weaponized cute. Gawdzilla Sama 51 2242 September 7, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  My mom would be pissed at me. Brian37 4 510 October 23, 2019 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 652 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My mom is dying, going to need an ear. Brian37 230 29611 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Who do you like more Mom or Dad? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 3380 October 19, 2017 at 10:55 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Ain't my puppy cute? KUSA 44 3034 March 6, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: KUSA
  What does your mom/grandma bake for you? mcolafson 24 2044 January 3, 2017 at 10:04 am
  Presumptive at mom's rehab.... Brian37 11 2246 August 24, 2016 at 9:07 am
  Ive lost all trust for my mom Socratic Meth Head 61 6196 June 2, 2016 at 4:27 am
Last Post: Alex K