Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Francis Collins a narcissist?
Is Francis Collins a narcissist?
Some of his many interviews are here:

http://www.closertotruth.com/contributor...ns/profile

He's a member of the National Academy of Sciences, an accomplished biologist (which is why I am posting this in the Life Sciences forum), and yet he rails against his colleagues for "missing" certain traits and a proper outlook which, if they only had like him, would lead them to the Christian faith, or at least a theistic one.

But, is not such an attitude narcissism, that is, to say to the majority of one's peers that they are wrong and you are right, without so much as a shred of evidence for your position?  And, is not Collins using his influence as an eminent biologist to make judgments about cosmology, Biblical sciences, etc., areas where he has no expertise whatsoever?

I am reminded of Ben Carson here.
RE: Is Francis Collins a narcissist?
Believing yourself to be in a position of exclusive access to special information handed out selectively by the highest authority is a tad self-absorbed, yes.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
While it's solipsistic, I wouldn't call it narcissistic as the Christian outlook entails believing that you are an inherently lowly creature corrupted by sin, while simultaneously believing that the universe was created with you in mind.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(March 24, 2016 at 9:12 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: While it's solipsistic, I wouldn't call it narcissistic as the Christian outlook entails believing that you are an inherently lowly creature corrupted by sin, while simultaneously believing that the universe was created with you in mind.

To the detriment of the environment and the fauna.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Seems like he's just freely speaking his mind. I dunno.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.