Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How hard do you have to pray....
How hard do you have to pray....
To get buff?

I mean, if you're not exercising.

Like in Christianity, if you have the faith of a mustard seed (which is presumably more faith than any man in history has ever had) you can just move a mountain or ask God for anything and get it. *beliefs may vary*

Can you do this in Islam?? If you have a certain amount of faith or if you pray really really hard can you get buff or even move a mountain?

Also, is it true Allah is a girl? I heard a rumor.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: How hard do you have to pray....
To get buff with prayer and no exercise, one would have to pray pretty hard. I mean, amazingly, astoundingly, astonishingly hard. Seems silly to get through all that prayer and still have love handles, though.

Yes, faith can move mountains, as long as said faith is accompanied by earth-moving equipment, sufficient blasting materials, and both vertical and horizontal rock crushers.

I believe the verse says 'Ask and ye shall receive', but it doesn't say what ye shall receive. My guess would be a big old box of disappointment.

Yes, it applies to Islam as well as to Christianity - the results of intense praying are exactly equal in both faiths.

Allah is, in fact, a girl. Specifically, Allah is a psychotic lesbian trying to strap-fuck the Middle East to tears.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 2, 2016 at 6:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I believe the verse says 'Ask and ye shall receive', but it doesn't say what ye shall receive. My guess would be a big old box of disappointment.

Boru

I want to add this to my signature line Smile
Just let me know if it's okay.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I pray to the barbells in the Church of Iron 3 to 4 times a week, and I get buff without having to exercise at all.

The rites are a bit demanding, but it beats having to exercise.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Prayer is like free will. If god is omniscient and has predestined all future events then free will and the power of prayer is only an illusion.

So, pray as much as you need to feel good. That's about all it will do.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
*smiles*

Does this have anything to do with what I said?

I think part of praying to God is accepting his design in the universe and the way she acts.

Of course, Mary (Mariam), for example, received food directly from God. We all have to get food from the market.  To say well Mariam got food from God so I'm going to just pray and wait to get food is making a mockery of God in my view.

I believe there is for example many conditions in which God will not guide people no matter how much they pray for guidance. 

Another example is the phrase in Quran, Noah telling his people, if they ask forgiveness from God, God will increase their (will) power upon their power....

We can't just say the words and hope for a response. We truly have to be sorry and ask forgiveness believing God will forgive,  then she will increase power upon our power. 

As for God being a female, see the response in the other thread. Smile
Quote:To get buff?

I think you'd probably have to pray while jogging.  'God' seems seriously inept at doing much of anything by himself.
Yeah, as long as your prayer ritual is as strenuous as a workout at the gym, it's pretty likely to work.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You can pray as little or as much as you want and it won't make a difference. It's down to Allah. If Allah wants to make you strong, you do not need to pray even once.

Quran 3:26 "Say: "O Allah! Lord of Power (And Rule), Thou givest power to whom Thou pleasest, and Thou strippest off power from whom Thou pleasest: Thou enduest with honour whom Thou pleasest, and Thou bringest low whom Thou pleasest: In Thy hand is all good. Verily, over all things Thou hast power."

(April 2, 2016 at 7:36 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(April 2, 2016 at 6:46 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I believe the verse says 'Ask and ye shall receive', but it doesn't say what ye shall receive.  My guess would be a big old box of disappointment.

Boru

I want to add this to my signature line Smile
Just let me know if it's okay.

Help yourself, luv.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to pray based on the Quran alone: prayer in Islam as I understand it WinterHold 69 13782 December 21, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Being a Dubai policeman is a hard and extreme job! Zidneya 2 1310 September 29, 2014 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Endo
  You said you wanted proof? Well I have it. MuslimBrother 18 9537 May 31, 2012 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda