Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steampunk!
Steampunk!
Zen Badger made a passing reference to Steampunk in another thread, and I don't think we've had a proper thread on it before. So, without further ado...Steampunk!

PC:
[Image: steampunkPC.jpg]

Laptop:
[Image: steampunkLaptop2.jpg]

Wristwatch:
[Image: setampunk-watch.jpg]

Monocle:
[Image: steampunk-monocle.jpg]

Mouse:
[Image: steampunk_mouse.jpg]

Earpiece:
[Image: steampunk-bluetooth.jpg]

Train Time Machine (from Back to the Future 3):
[Image: back_to_the_future_part_iii_large_18.jpg]

iPhone Concept:
[Image: iphone_steampunk_concept_phone.jpg]
RE: Steampunk!
I love steampunk. There is a (both dead tree as online edition) steampunk comic called Girl Genius at http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ that I recommend to anyone that likes the genre.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
wasnt the league of extradinary gentalmen film kinda steam punk?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 26, 2010 at 8:51 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: wasnt the league of extradinary gentalmen film kinda steam punk?

Yes it was.

Even Wild Wild West had steampunk elements.

The golden city is a lesser know but a good steampunk movie.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(July 26, 2010 at 8:48 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I love steampunk. There is a (both dead tree as online edition) steampunk comic called Girl Genius at http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ that I recommend to anyone that likes the genre.

Girl Genius is awesome. Has anyone else here read the Difference Engine by Sterling & Gibson?

Also:

[Image: andre-2-p.jpg?w=500&h=750]
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
do want above outfit!I'd debate with myself about trying to make something awesome like that, but I have a lot to do. :-( damn being in school then not being in school and needing to find a job.

Oh, but I did make these two. kinda, almost steampuke.

[Image: Clockwork_Amulet_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
[Image: Clock_Lock_Let_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]