Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Setting Up To Be A Catastrophe
This Is Setting Up To Be A Catastrophe
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/03/news/wor...ket-sales/

Quote:Tickets to the 2016 Olympics aren't selling, and Brazil is scrambling to boost demand

Quote:With just half of tickets sold and only four months before kickoff, Brazil's new minister of sports, Ricardo Leyser, is looking into ways to boost ticket sales.

He told Brazilian newspaper Folha that the Brazilian government may purchase tickets that will be distributed to public schools. He said public officials must also work to boost worldwide confidence in Rio's ability to host the games and ensure travelers' safety.
RE: This Is Setting Up To Be A Catastrophe
Offer a half gallon of DEET and netting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This is what global corporatism does. Fuck the poor, fuck workers and if you fail, get the country to bail your rich ass out.
Crime, corruption, zika, what did they expect ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I thought a catastrophe was a trophy shaped like the rear end of a feline.

Boru

[credit where credit is due: I stole that from Piers Anthony]
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
People not caring about the Olympics is the greatest global catastrophe since.....
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Its almost like Brazilians have more pressing concerns than who can jump the farthest.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(April 4, 2016 at 4:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/03/news/wor...ket-sales/

Quote:Tickets to the 2016 Olympics aren't selling, and Brazil is scrambling to boost demand

Quote:With just half of tickets sold and only four months before kickoff, Brazil's new minister of sports, Ricardo Leyser, is looking into ways to boost ticket sales.

He told Brazilian newspaper Folha that the Brazilian government may purchase tickets that will be distributed to public schools. He said public officials must also work to boost worldwide confidence in Rio's ability to host the games and ensure travelers' safety.
Some people were ecstatic when Obama failed to get the Olympics for Chicago.  They glorified in his apparent failure because they played it as a major embarrassment to him.  Good riddance to Rio.
Suppose they held an Olympics and no one came ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How do you mean that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iranian refugee dies after setting himself alight Aractus 2 769 April 29, 2016 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Far From The Catastrophe Predicted by Corporate Whores Minimalist 6 925 July 31, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Cato