Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina, then Mississippi, now Tennessee pass anti lgbt laws
North Carolina, then Mississippi, now Tennessee pass anti lgbt laws
I don't even know what to say except that it really hurts me. I looking at this, I just feel sad and I'm not sure what else to say. Tennessee passed a bill that allows therapists the right to turn down lgbt people. 

I guess if a therapist isn't pro gay they shouldn't be a fucking therapist in the first place. In case you missed it, Mississippi recently passed a bill allowing businesses to turn away gay people. It feels like that's the direction our country is going, after it seemed like we were making progress.

I'm serious you guys, it just makes me feel fucking sick, I'm not feeling good about this. All of this happened in such a short period of time too.
RE: North Carolina, then Mississippi, now Tennessee pass anti lgbt laws
*sigh*

America...
Oh well, more custom for the therapists who don't give a shit.

The only losers with these laws are the idiots who don't realise they're losing money by turning away custom.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Backwards assholes are backwards.
I would love to see the reaction to a doctor using the same law to refuse to treat Christians.

Can you imagine the outrage?
Dying to live, living to die.
There is already corporate backlash against it. They will overturn these when they see how much money it costs them - or they might get shot down in court first.

I wouldn't let it get to you. The national sentiment is on your side. What you're seeing is the last gasp of the dinosaurs. Think of it as their death throes.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I get that racist and homophobic views are prevalent in those places but seriously; why do they spend that much time and energy on it.
Those places have more pressing matters.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(April 6, 2016 at 9:18 pm)Phosphorescent Panties Wrote: I don't even know what to say except that it really hurts me. I looking at this, I just feel sad and I'm not sure what else to say. Tennessee passed a bill that allows therapists the right to turn down lgbt people. 

I guess if a therapist isn't pro gay they shouldn't be a fucking therapist in the first place. In case you missed it, Mississippi recently passed a bill allowing businesses to turn away gay people. It feels like that's the direction our country is going, after it seemed like we were making progress.

I'm serious you guys, it just makes me feel fucking sick, I'm not feeling good about this. All of this happened in such a short period of time too.

When waves crash on the shoreline, there are always wavelets which ripple back into the sea in response.

These are the dying protests of the old guard, and there are plenty of us handy to ensure that this is the case.

These laws won't pass SCOTUS scrutiny.

What is in Tennessee anyway?

Some farms? Fields? ... Tornadoes?

Like seriously I'm surprised they even have therapists there, I didn't think there were any people.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I'm in Tennessee Dodgy

They also passed this bill:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/pol.../82713226/

And they have their own bathroom bill:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/pol.../82709996/
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 743 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2755 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 239 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1191 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Kill, then claim Immunity. brewer 12 1052 October 10, 2019 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Cod
  A Question for Anti- vaxxers BrokenQuill92 11 1038 June 26, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: no one
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2144 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then BrianSoddingBoru4 13 931 May 25, 2019 at 9:45 pm
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 572 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1759 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm