Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jewish Geneology: A Fraud?
Jewish Geneology: A Fraud?
How could the Jews have kept track of which Abrahamic tribe they descended from through 400 years of slavery? Where did they keep the records? How did each tribe stay in tact when children were bought and sold by the Egyptians (according to Christian mythology not historical fact.)

I've heard it said that Judaism did not exist until after the common era. I haven't found enough evidence to give credulity to this assertion, but if anyone here has evidence, please share it.

if in fact, Moses authored the Pentateuch, why does he call god Elohim in the first chapter of genesis but Yahweh in the second chapter? and if Moses did not write it, what else about the Jewish story is a big fabrication?

And why the crying fuck does my stupid assed browser automatically capitalize the words Abrahamic, Elohim and Yahweh?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Jewish Geneology: A Fraud?
The couldn't keep track because the Jewish enslavement in Egypt never happened. But that being said, wouldn't every individual have known exactly which tribe they belong to, and simply passed that knowledge to their heirs generation for generation?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 10, 2016 at 11:17 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: How could the Jews have kept track of which Abrahamic tribe they descended from through 400 years of slavery?  Where did they keep the records? How did each tribe stay in tact when children were bought and sold by the Egyptians (according to Christian mythology not historical fact.)

They didn't keep track, since the enslavement and all the other stuff never happened in the first place. It's the same as if I would base my ancestry on Norsk or Caltic mythology.

Again, I have to admit to be shamefully unaware of the latest archeological results, but there have been some in the field, claiming the origin of the Kanaanites being the so called sea people, since there are some Egyptian inscriptions pointing to them being relocated to Kanaan, after being defeated by the Egyptians.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Don't worry about that, Abs.  Archaeology is a dry subject.  Just ask.

http://www.vatileaks.com/vati-leaks/the-...ion-part-2

Quote:Decades of archaeological results of a new generation of scholars have revealed that Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Solomon, David, and Saul never lived, nor is there any support for the occurrence of an 'exodus' of 600,000 men and their families. Noah's Ark has never been found, nor Solomon's Temple or the fallen stone walls of Jericho, and there is no verification for the existence of the twelve tribes of Israel, not even in the records of Herodotus (484-430 BCE) who never mentioned the Israelites at all.
(April 10, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Don't worry about that, Abs.  Archaeology is a dry subject.  Just ask.

Yeah, but I always found the theory about the sea people at the root of the Israelites most fascinating. It would, if true, answer a great many questions. Not the one about where they originally came from. That would still be in the dark. But it seems like an early migration of peoples, seeking for new lands to exploit.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Yes, I'm aware that there is no evidence of the exodus. I'm looking at the Bible as a text. I want to write a book about the things in the Bible they didn't tell us in Sunday school. it may turn out to be an encyclopedia the size of a Samsonite two-suitor suitcase if I'm thorough.

The sea people? That may be a lead. What's important is not exactly where the Jews came from, but that they did not come from where the Bible said they did.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(April 10, 2016 at 12:39 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 10, 2016 at 12:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Don't worry about that, Abs.  Archaeology is a dry subject.  Just ask.

Yeah, but I always found the theory about the sea people at the root of the Israelites most fascinating. It would, if true, answer a great many questions. Not the one about where they originally came from. That would still be in the dark. But it seems like an early migration of peoples, seeking for new lands to exploit.

The collapse of the Late Bronze Age Empires..... Eric Cline's 1177 BC is a fantastic book on the subject...hinges on the depredations of The Sea People but what is not known is if they were the cause or just an effect.  Cline's vision is of a 'systems collapse' in which it was not just one thing which led to the upheaval.  So if the region was weakened by drought and earthquake (earthquake swarm is a possibility) then populations moving might have triggered revolts among the lower-classes to join in.  The Sea Peoples are an amorphous enough grouping to fit that bill with groups joining and leaving.

In any event, Israel Finkelstein sees the settlers of the hill country which later evolved to be Israelites and Judahites as herders who settled down to grow their own grain after their trading partners on the coast were knocked out by the Sea People.  William Dever suggests that these groups evolved from refugees from the destroyed cities and towns of the coast and who fled inland.  Of course, there is no reason why it has to be an either/or proposition.  Refugees could well have brought technology and farming techniques to the herders who would have been able to subsist on the meat and dairy products of their herds while the crops grew.

Anyway, I have an epub version of 1177.  If you'd like it, PM me an email address.
(April 10, 2016 at 11:17 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: How could the Jews have kept track of which Abrahamic tribe they descended from through 400 years of slavery?
through Sefer Yuchsin, a family kept record of who begat who.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articl...-genealogy
Quote: How did each tribe stay in tact when children were bought and sold by the Egyptians (according to Christian mythology not historical fact.)
What makes you think they all where? The vast majority were wards of the state. very few people owned slaves, as Egypt owned everyone including Egyptians. (At least in the time span we are discussing of the middle kingdom.)

Quote:I've heard it said that Judaism did not exist until after the common era. I haven't found enough evidence to give credulity to this assertion, but if anyone here has evidence, please share it.
To say this is to ignore middle kingdom Egyptian record of the 'brooklyn papyrus' which names 100 hebrew specific names as slaves but also gives an account of the demand pharaoh had to make 'bricks without straw.'
http://www.apxaioc.com/article/hebrews-e...s-brooklyn

Quote:if in fact, Moses authored the Pentateuch, why does he call god Elohim in the first chapter of genesis but Yahweh in the second chapter? and if Moses did not write it, what else about the Jewish story is a big fabrication?
Elohim, Yahweh, Adoni are all title's/Names of God.
Elohim basically translates Lord.
Adoni= the word God
Yahweh= the covenant name of God which to the OT Jew was forbiden to say.

So the other two were generic terms referring to God that could be mentioned without taking or using the Lord's name inappropriately.

http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents...%20god.htm
Quote:And why the crying fuck does my stupid assed browser automatically capitalize the words Abrahamic, Elohim and Yahweh?
Because it understands these are names and names should be capitalized even if you don't/are intentionally trying to show disrespect.
Three cheers for disrespect. Fuck this bible bullshit.

And you too, Drippy.
(April 10, 2016 at 11:17 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: And why the crying fuck does my stupid assed browser automatically capitalize the words Abrahamic, Elohim and Yahweh?

That's how English works...?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5355 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Have yourself a Jewish little Christmas theyear12013 0 1344 December 26, 2013 at 3:31 am
Last Post: theyear12013
  The Genesis Fraud michaelsherlock 60 31279 April 16, 2012 at 6:22 am
Last Post: michaelsherlock
Thumbs Down Pat Robertson = Fraud! reverendjeremiah 2 2478 November 6, 2011 at 3:18 am
Last Post: IATIA