Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Nuance a Fallacy?
Is Nuance a Fallacy?
I just wanted to ask a question, and since I was getting no reliable sources anywhere else on the internet, I thought to myself, who are the most intelligent people? People on internet forums.
But in legitimacy, I just wanted to know if nuance is a fallacy. This comes up a lot in arguments that I have, especially arguments I have with my mother over abortion. I do think there is nuance in everything, but, logical fallacies make the person on the other side question the validity of the statement, as we all know.
Thank you in advance if you reply, even though this doesn't have anything to do with atheism.  Shy
RE: Is Nuance a Fallacy?
Is nuance a fallacy? It depends...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I would advise nuancing any arguments on the topic, pro or con.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Question doesn't even make sense.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Possibly my point, however I would entertain alternate points of view, of course.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Nuance: a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound.

I think it's something worth clarifying if your getting bogged down the the "nuances" of your debate. But I don't know of any "fallacy of nuance" or how that would even work.

I know Ambiguity can be a fallacy. I love the example of it from "yourlogicalfallacyis":

Example: When the judge asked the defendant why he hadn't paid his parking fines, he said that he shouldn't have to pay them because the sign said 'Fine for parking here' and so he naturally presumed that it would be fine to park there.
"I'm thick." - Me
Quote: I thought to myself, who are the most intelligent people? People on internet forums.

Sorry, I read this bit and was laughing so hard I forgot the question...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome matey.
Interesting bio.

Do you prefer the warm conservative sound of British speakers, or the more bright accurate sound from US and good Japanese speakers?

I like Canadian. They have the best of both worlds...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hello, welcome to the forums Smile

I don't quite understand the question. Could you elaborate please?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Nuance is a fallacy in direct proportion to the simplicity of the thinker. The simpler the thinker, the more fallacious the nuance.

8-bit computers can't run 64- bit operating systems, either.

In my opinion: Anyone regarding nuance as fallacious is probably not a very deep thinker, and probably may be safely ignored.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The dangerous fallacy of "You can do it." Brian37 52 2876 September 7, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  The fallacy of "The virtue of the oppressed" Brian37 8 3114 January 28, 2015 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Fallacy Files, Atheists worship science. Brian37 0 867 August 30, 2012 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Op ED On Pat Robertson, Fallacy Files. Brian37 18 7935 August 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37