Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Board in LA. may OK teaching Creationisim in Science classes
School Board in LA. may OK teaching Creationisim in Science classes
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/99153999.html

I think this quote says it all:

Quote:Board Member David Tate quickly responded: “We let them teach evolution to our children, but I think all of us sitting up here on this School Board believe in creationism. Why can’t we get someone with religious beliefs to teach creationism?”

I guess Louisiana wants it's turn as the jackass of the scientific community for a while. I wonder if these guys know how well this course of action worked for a particular brain-dead school board in Kansas?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: School Board in LA. may OK teaching Creationisim in Science classes
Haven't these idiots ever heard of Sunday School? No one is telling them that they cannot teach their children about religious dogma and superstition in church. Maybe we should start demanding that churches teach science as an alternative to their regularly scheduled bullshit.
There is no shortage of religious jackasses in Louisiana.

I still want to know how you "teach" creationism?
I'll be patiently waiting for that particular school board to be smacked around by the US Supreme Court. In 1987, they ruled that teaching creationism in public schools is unconstitutional. It's only a matter of time. Incoming Genie Scott to the rescue!
Can we teach people about the flying spaghetti monster?

Blessed be his noodly appendages.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Can we teach people about the flying spaghetti monster?

Blasphemer! Everyone knows the one true deity is the Hovering Lasagna Fairy! Blessed be her cheesy magic wand!
(July 26, 2010 at 2:23 pm)Skeptisma Wrote: I'll be patiently waiting for that particular school board to be smacked around by the US Supreme Court. In 1987, they ruled that teaching creationism in public schools is unconstitutional. It's only a matter of time. Incoming Genie Scott to the rescue!

Of course, you now have a real collection of shitheads on the Court. Thomas-Scalia-Roberts-Alito
(July 26, 2010 at 11:49 am)Minimalist Wrote: I still want to know how you "teach" creationism?

I heard lobotomies work.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
They can only preach creationism not teach it. Which is why it doesn't belong near a school.
(July 26, 2010 at 5:03 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(July 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Can we teach people about the flying spaghetti monster?

Blasphemer! Everyone knows the one true deity is the Hovering Lasagna Fairy! Blessed be her cheesy magic wand!
Damm all you blasphemers challenging the sovereignty of the Juju up the mountains and Juju under the sea and their son the invisible pink unicorn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother: Children Bullied At School For Not Being Christian Fake Messiah 5 1226 November 30, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Richard Dawkins Suggests Feminists May Have Caused His Stroke mralstoner 45 9885 February 16, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Damned School Administrators athrock 5 1583 November 30, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Melbourne fund raising for secular school where a secular school is much needed. worldslaziestbusker 0 1109 May 17, 2014 at 8:40 am
Last Post: worldslaziestbusker
  Ohio School Takes Down Jesus Portrait JesusHChrist 56 18330 April 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Bible Story Of Red Sea Parting 'May Be True' DiRNiS 22 9929 November 17, 2010 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Secular Coalition of America calls for action against the Texas School Board Eilonnwy 3 1832 August 20, 2010 at 11:09 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Teacher may lose job after derogatory comments about her students on Facebook Autumnlicious 14 6129 February 17, 2010 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995