Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sorry but....
I'm sorry but....
if you are this fucking stupid you deserve to get fleeced.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/...z0uo7dAnAX

Quote:Parishioners at an evangelical church in Montreal are taking legal action against a prominent pastor they say has pocketed tens of thousands of dollars loaned to him in God's name.

At least 24 members of the modest parish claim they loaned Lezoka significant amounts of money — sometimes even remortgaging their homes — to support their church's activities.
RE: I'm sorry but....
Dammit, if it were in America I'd suggest we take it back "old school" style and tar -n- feather the bastard. You know, bringing us back to those good old morals America was founded upon. *eyeroll*
Smile Love it
Funny shtuffs there Maynard.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
The other day on the news up here, came the story of a guy that drove a forklift into a "Universal church of the kingdom of god" chapel. The guy had been driven to bankrupcy, after giving 100k euros expecting to (as promissed by the pastors) receive 3 times more. Can't be any more stupid!

I've seen flyers of that 'cult', there was a kind of FAQ, here are two examples:

Q:How should I calculate the dizim?
A:You should give the Lord 10% of your raw income

Q:If I need to save for a month, can i skip that moths dizim?
A:Remember, what you don't give the lord, you are stealing from the lord, you should always give the dizim

Crazy stuff, and I am appaled that people fall for this! And what does god with the money? Pays the bills? Angels monthly wager? Thinking
"Give God the first portion of your income, say that with me, Give God the first portion of your income.

Give it first! Not after deducts, not after the social security, and the hospitilization, and the malnutrition.

Not after all these things on your check you say, I'm gonna give God a little what's left. You do, and that's what you gonna get from God."

ICP - Hellalujah
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian