Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter?
Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter?
I used to could go to Twitter and respond to people by choosing from a row of button/links right below a tweet, but now that is gone. I googled to find out what happened and read an article that told me to hover over the tweet and click the little arrow. I hovered but no arrow appeared. Also, I don't know how to get to my list of the people I'm following. When I click Following, it takes me to my profile page.

I think it's futile to google for help because a lot of outdated articles are out there and I don't know until after I've tried something that doesn't work if the info is current.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Can Anybody Help Me With Twitter?
Are you on a mobile device or a desktop?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
[Image: 26558580016_2b39b1d238_z.jpg]

This is what I see on mobile, just below each tweet is four icons, Reply, Retweet, Heart, and DM. There isn't any hovering required. Same on desktop.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
On Android, to get the list of people you're following, you click the settings dots on the upper right hand side, click on your profile (clicking on your profile pic/twitter handle will take you to your profile) and click on "Following."

Sledge hammer? Meh, ok....... I am not good at helping with computers over the phone, I would have be standing behind you looking at your device to help you.
(April 22, 2016 at 7:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Are you on a mobile device or a desktop?

desktop
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

I'm still seeing it on desktop.

[Image: 25982053263_8cae724899_c.jpg]

(April 22, 2016 at 8:50 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 7:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Are you on a mobile device or a desktop?

desktop

Hey, look me up @Brianrrs37 my handle is "RationalPoet".
(April 22, 2016 at 9:01 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm still seeing it on desktop.

Never mind. I think I see them

--Voltaire

(April 24, 2016 at 8:35 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(April 22, 2016 at 9:01 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm still seeing it on desktop.

Maybe if you show me where to look because I don't see the buttons in this picture.
I circled them in that picture you quoted. I can make the circle thicker if it would help?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boobie McBodacioustatas on X (formerly twitter)? no one 7 531 December 3, 2023 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 2012 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity? laserthought 17 1560 August 17, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Can someone help me buy a DSLR? ErGingerbreadMandude 2 705 June 9, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Hey. Anybody wants to Skype and talk mindlessly about something? ErGingerbreadMandude 69 11852 February 24, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Can Someone Help Me Find this Word? Rhondazvous 28 5437 February 19, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Ok, anybody in the UK Cyberman 16 1040 January 1, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Just now on Twitter..... Brian37 14 1435 September 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So just now on twitter. Brian37 12 1692 June 22, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Anybody Have a Copy frichard Robinson's An Atheists Values can Borrow or Buy? Rhondazvous 1 546 June 18, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous