Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memes 2.16
Memes 2.16
Atheism thread equals memes in relation to atheism and/or disparaging theism.

[Image: 13102637_1741387896095911_82308117456051...e=57E62EC5]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Memes 2.16
If the brain truly creates the mind and is the sole origin and sustainer of consciousness, then it's no surprise that memes exist.  Parents infect their kiddos as society infects its members.
[Image: be42e8ff1669eede6f2bdbc81ee7d635.jpg]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

[Image: c34d0cafab683a0a0d87d27a27bd6df5.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
OMFG I love this one and I know you'll love it too

[Image: LPcNTBmj.png]

Altough he probably should have said "...30 to 90 years after they NEVER happened..."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Let's see some Atheist or Anti Religion Memes Spooky 317 159190 July 10, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Richard Dawkins Faith In Memes Is As Blind As A Christian's to God Cecco 110 42578 July 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Scented Nectar