Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon faith-healing parents fight to get baby back, face criminal charges
Oregon faith-healing parents fight to get baby back, face criminal charges
There is no justice if these parents get this child back.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-city/in...ost_2.html
binnyCoffee
RE: Oregon faith-healing parents fight to get baby back, face criminal charges
As a matter of fact there rarely is justice anywhere.
Quote:Wyland's first wife, Monique, died of breast cancer in 2006. She had not sought or received medical treatment for the condition, said Dr. Christopher Young, a deputy state medical examiner who signed the death certificate.

Trusting in god gets you no where. Because relying on your imaginary friend is utterly pointless if he/it/thing does not exist.

One pair of working hands can do far more than all 7 billion clapsed hands in prayer.
Faith in a being that probably doesn't exist is extremely irrational.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Think of all the religous debate in the courtroom. It may well depend on how religous the jury is.
I doubt it will depend on the religiosity of the jury; most of the people in the courtroom probably believe in Christianity. It will all depend on the jury's ability to separate belief from the laws of the land, which have been put in place to prevent this sort of thing happening.
So shes getting the help she needs now?

I hate how complicated things become when kids are involved.
Hoi Zaeme.
There are hundreds of reasons why having outdated and irrational religious beliefs does more harm than good. This is only one of them.

These lunatic assholes are free to believe in whatever stupid fairy tale they want. But when their lunacy starts hurting a child, that's where the line needs to be drawn. No child should be let to suffer for the ignorance and stupidity of the parents.

The sooner the world moves away from religion the better we will be. The nations that progress are mostly the most secular ones. Free of religious bullshit in government. When will some people start realising this?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
These religious people are in dire need of medical help. Therapy perhaps.
What dumbasses! They've allowed an easily treatable condition to get out of control and threaten their child's eyesight. Good job, morons! It's obvious that the prayers to your imaginary friend have done no good. How about letting medical professoinals take care of your kid? If I was this kid and I suffered vision impairment because of this, when I grew up I would ask my parents, "How could you have been SO FUCKING STUPID?!?!?"

Religion - causing irreparable harm since 10,000 BCE!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I always find these stories oddly funny yet appalling.

It's like a family I saw on the news a few weeks ago. The daughter was in a car accident and was in critical condition and hospitalized for weeks. The family prayed and miraculously, their prayers were answered. She made a recovery! They thanked God and all was well.

Except they forgot the people that gave their daughter around the clock medical treatment, life support, and general care. This kind of thing irks me.

On another forum I frequent, a father of a member was diagnosed with cancer, and the person was asking to keep him in prayer. I told the member that what their father needed was medical advice and treatment, not strangers wishing for you to be all right. Go to a fucking hospital and stop with the bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12916 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11206 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58388 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4379 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6040 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4336 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5670 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22888 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27228 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37773 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman