Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Evolution
Evolution
Can anyone suggest a well written book that explains and introduces evolution? I was considering Richard Dawkins - The Ancestor's Tale.

Thoughts?
RE: Evolution
Although it's good tat book's a bit heavy, I'd advise trying 'The Greatest Show on Earth'.
Terry Pratchetts "The Science of DiscWorld" is also excellent.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters - By Donald Prothero
Or climbing mount improbable - By Richard Dawkins
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Wikipedia - the simpleton's simple route.

Evolution for dummies?

The complete idiot's guide to evolution?
I second leo's suggestion of "Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters - By Donald Prothero". Excellent book.
Thanks! I got mount improbable on order at the local bookstore simply because I like his writing style. I will check out some of these other suggestions as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30328 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger