Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:33 pm

Poll: How funny am I?
This poll is closed.
You're hilarious.
50.00%
3 50.00%
You're funnier than average but I wouldn't say you're hilarious.
0%
0 0%
You're about average funniness.
33.33%
2 33.33%
You're not funny at all.
16.67%
1 16.67%
You actually make funny situations less funny.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another thread about myself lol
Another thread about myself lol
How funny am I?
RE: Another thread about myself lol
I do not know.

I have yet to see anything funny being posted by you.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Lol considering how much I post I get the impression that would mean you probably don't find me funny... Because many of my posts are meant to be funny.
Sorry, you must try harder.
~ Erin Hunter
Or... Lighten up and try less hard?

Should someone trying to be funny take that goal seriously? Big Grin
Sorry, it's all poured into my writing.
~ Erin Hunter
Someone once told me years ago that I was so unfunny I made them laugh. They told me this in a hysterical fit of laughter.

That occurrence has confused me ever since.
I'm quite certain of that.
~ Erin Hunter
Does my funniness have to be intentional to be funny? I don't think so Big Grin

And certainly I think intentionally trying to be "unfunny" to the extent that people laugh at me is surely genuinely 'quasi-paradoxically' (am I being a smartass, pretentious or neither here? Big Grin) funny at least. Scare quotes intended Big Grin

#couldbebeinganobnoxiousfuckwit
#couldbebeinggenuinelycleverorwitty
I think you're often pretty funny. You just have a particular style of wit. No one's style of wit is going to amuse everyone.

More importantly, it's not your job to make us laugh. It doesn't define your purpose or worth if you do or don't.

Were I you, I'd focus more on trying to be less self-conscious about how others perceive you. Also, keep in mind that it's okay to have detractors, just not yourself. And that many of us here like you a great deal.

(However, I don't want to hear much more about mayonnaise. Not funny to me.)
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Gump Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 9 753 May 17, 2019 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Another Gnu Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 3 686 May 15, 2019 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Another Nug Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 4 734 May 15, 2019 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4148 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Even another all about you thread. Little lunch 17 835 September 13, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2686 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8629 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  LoL, sometimes I wonder Foxaèr 3 468 May 2, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Losty
  Answering one thread's title with that of another Whateverist 8 959 February 5, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  It's time for another Rep Whore thread by Joods Joods 40 3840 January 5, 2018 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Joods