Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated/under appreciated films
Underrated/under appreciated films
Ravenous(1999) - I've watched it a few times now. I still am not sure if it's supposed to be like the darkest comedy ever or if it's supposed to be serious. The original trailers seem comedic, but then the film does not. Unless it's the darkest comedy ever. Still very entertaining either way. Great soundtrack as well.

Pandorum(2009) - Has an "Event Horizon" feel to it with a neat little ending. Definitely recommend it to science fiction fans, especially if you like horror sci-fi horror.
[Image: edgecrusher02.jpg]
RE: Underrated/under appreciated films
Birth of a Nation?

Joke, please don't hit me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I really liked Ravenous

the humor is REALLY dark "He's licking my wound !!!!"
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 29, 2016 at 8:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Birth of a Nation?

Joke, please don't hit me.

[Image: joel_theresa_hollyoaks-460x302.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
Dark City is fantastic and almost no one saw it

Memento is very good, so too King of the Ants

Jerry and Tom is oh so dark in in its humor

Re-animator and Bride of Re-animator

Dead Alive

Bad Taste

Consuming Passions (critics panned it, I still liked it)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The Long Kiss Goodnight.
Dying to live, living to die.
Documentary category:

We Were Here

From my experiences in the 80s and 90s with AIDS, this documentary really puts the viewer there. I cried most of the way through it, and also had to watch it in several stints, it was just too intense for me.

(May 29, 2016 at 8:55 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Dark City is fantastic and almost no one saw it

I saw it in the theater, and it was fantastic.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Breakfast at Tiffany's
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Renaissance was a great movie that didn't get as much love as I though it deserved.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek films LinuxGal 78 6081 December 29, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Under the Sun account_inactive 12 1844 January 4, 2017 at 10:46 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Films and anime Dystopia 2 892 July 1, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Most underrated scenes in romance BrokenQuill92 23 4523 February 2, 2014 at 11:32 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  The most underrated scenes in romance BrokenQuill92 0 997 December 31, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  History Channel's "The Bible" - In Under 10 Minutes pocaracas 13 3970 April 22, 2013 at 5:24 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  The best documentary films Something completely different 14 4911 October 24, 2012 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Fishing under the ice. Tiberius 3 1700 January 3, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Jackalope