Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:13 pm

Poll: Virtual reality
This poll is closed.
Plug me in!
50.00%
2 50.00%
I'd rather have a great life without a matrix
50.00%
2 50.00%
None of them because I like suffering for some reason.
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual reality and the future
Virtual reality and the future
What do you guys think about virtual realities and the future? I know we have a similiar thread down below but that's more like an ultimatum.

Are you comfortable with the idea that in the future everyone will be connected to a virtual reality and living their perfect lifes with each other. In this vr world I'm talking about everyone is connected to everyone else and it's indistinguishable from reality, and you can plug out but the vr you're living is more like the primary life for everyone and everyone is connected almost 24/7 or so.

Or would you rather have virtual reality more like a hobby and have our society be in the way that everyone is a first class citizen and life is great for everyone but it has more limits than a virtual reality where you can do whatever you want.
RE: Virtual reality and the future
Sword Art Online
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(June 5, 2016 at 12:58 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Sword Art Online

Well, you can have it as a hobby in the second option. Or would you rather just completely live in it?
Real reality is tough enough.
(June 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm)RozKek Wrote: What do you guys think about virtual realities and the future?  

As long as they are better than the virtual realities the religious have lived in since near the beginning of man.

And many of them now have higher virtual realities when the virtual reality dies ... frightening, no escape  Sad

Dog.
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
If you start talking about ghost in the shell and when that becomes reality then we will talk.
But yeah there is more of a future now for VR then back in the 80's and the early 90's the virtual boy
great idea but.. hurts the eyes.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I am a lot more excited about AR than VR. But we might achieve singularity before that, and maybe our new AI overlords would force us into matrix pods! Ah I am so excited about the future Big Grin
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

How does one eat while constantly plugged in? Who's producing the food and transporting it? Who's building and maintaining the technology? Who's producing the power to keep things running?
(June 5, 2016 at 7:12 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: I am a lot more excited about AR than VR. But we might achieve singularity before that, and maybe our new AI overlords would force us into matrix pods! Ah I am so excited about the future Big Grin

Yes, that over vr everyday, yes. It's like keeping reality while being in the matrix at the same time. fukin awesome
(June 5, 2016 at 7:46 pm)Cato Wrote: How does one eat while constantly plugged in? Who's producing the food and transporting it? Who's building and maintaining the technology? Who's producing the power to keep things running?

Don't worry about that. This is theoretical.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Headlines Foxaèr 41 2434 November 14, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Future Buzzwords onlinebiker 3 567 January 14, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The future of poo Foxaèr 26 1728 March 9, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Steve Martin Comedy vs. Religious Reality AFTT47 1 441 February 9, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Succubus
  I have seen the future. Gawdzilla Sama 3 846 January 27, 2018 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Future/Pressure ScienceAf 19 2172 January 12, 2018 at 4:47 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13071 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  The Future of Humanity Puke Skywalker 18 3049 July 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
Video My new video: abstract systems versus reality robvalue 2 555 January 15, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Virtual reality girlfriend Macoleco 76 7128 October 17, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger