Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too
Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/18/europe/rad...index.html

Quote:Islamists attack Radiohead fans at Turkish release party
Quote:(CNN)An angry mob has attacked a small record shop in Istanbul during a Radiohead listening party for drinking in the holy month of Ramadan.

Amateur video -- reported to have been live streamed on Periscope -- appears to have captured the incident. In the video the unidentified attackers reportedly entered the store shouting "close it, close it down" aggressively as event attendees were listening to Radiohead's newly launched "A Moon Shaped Pool."

Honestly, I wouldn't know "Radiohead" if I fell over them.  But I already like them better than these muslim pricks.
RE: Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too
(June 18, 2016 at 5:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [...]Honestly, I wouldn't know "Radiohead" if I fell over them. [...]

[Image: tumblr_mr2bwwLctf1ry4ehmo2_r1_500.gif]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 18, 2016 at 5:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't know "Radiohead" if I fell over them.  But I already like them better than these muslim pricks.

Thanks to Erdogan, Turkey goes down the shitter for quite some time now. Apart from him silencing every national opposition, he first sponsored the Islamists and then declared war on them - along with the Kurds. The only really motivated and half secular opposition to Isis in Iraq and Syria. But you know, one of our allies. It's not as if that was the first shithead to be supported, until it hits the fan.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
"Jehovah.....Jehovah....."
"WE WILL KILL YOU FOR INSULTING THE RELIGION OF PEACE"

That's the first sign of trouble - don't trust people who can't recognize irony.

It's also why the concept of 'Islamophobia' is a joke - a phobia is an irrational fear or dislike. Anyone who can't think of a rational reason to fear or dislike Islam - especially as it is practiced today - is living in a cave.
(June 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: It's also why the concept of 'Islamophobia' is a joke - a phobia is an irrational fear or dislike. Anyone who can't think of a rational reason to fear or dislike Islam - especially as it is practiced today - is living in a cave.

Want to form an informed opinion on Turkey? Wanna bet what the ones attending the concert were?

The irony of irrational fear and dislike gets even bigger when ignorance makes such a strong appearance.
(June 18, 2016 at 5:43 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 18, 2016 at 5:41 pm)Veritas_Vincit Wrote: It's also why the concept of 'Islamophobia' is a joke - a phobia is an irrational fear or dislike. Anyone who can't think of a rational reason to fear or dislike Islam - especially as it is practiced today - is living in a cave.

Want to form an informed opinion on Turkey? Wanna bet what the ones attending the concert were?

The irony of irrational fear and dislike gets even bigger when ignorance makes such a strong appearance.

I have an idea where you might be coming from. On the face of it, Islamophobia seems plausible - the idea is that it's a mask for racism and bigotry under the guise of religion. I would concede that there are probably some ignorant racists whose concept of Islam does not distinguish between a religion, a culture and 'brown people in beards and burkhas coming over here and stealing our jobs' as they would think of it. But that distinction is VITAL - those people are racists, they are bigots, but they are not 'Islamophobes'. 

The concept of 'Islamophobia' actively reinforces this conflation of the Ideology and doctrine with a culture and a 'race' of people. This IS a racist view. And what's worse is that it gets you to the situation we are in now, where almost nobody can criticise Islam publicly for fear of being labelled a racist and a bigot. This is why Trump is so popular - when you shut down rational criticism of a set of ideas, the people who have genuine concerns about them have no one to turn to but the right wing extremists who don't give a crap. If Obama and Hilary talked plainly about Islamic fundamentalism being a problem, rather than heaping it all on 'ISIL' and repeating the obvious lie that "Islam is a religion of peace" then people like Trump would get a lot less support.
Seems clear to me that there were Muslims listening to Radiohead, not just Muslims attacking the listeners.

(June 18, 2016 at 6:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Seems clear to me that there were Muslims listening to Radiohead, not just Muslims attacking the listeners.

If a religion will attack you for not adhering to their ideals the fact of whether they attack people of their own religion or another religion, for not adhering to their ideals, is immaterial .... there is something wrong with that religious ideal ...
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 18, 2016 at 6:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Seems clear to me that there were Muslims listening to Radiohead, not just Muslims attacking the listeners.

Pretty good guess. But some people tend to not look at the obvious.

(June 18, 2016 at 6:26 pm)madog Wrote: If a religion will attack you for not adhering to their ideals the fact of whether they attack people of their own religion or another religion, for not adhering to their ideals, is immaterial .... there is something wrong with that religious ideal ...

Is that any different with any radical religious believes? Bombing or shooting up abortion clinics anyone? Spitting on indecently dressed little girls in Jerusalem anyone? Not respecting the Shabbes anyone?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arab Atheist being hunted down yragnitup 28 4428 July 4, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5360 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 6992 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Were I A Muslim I'd Stop Going To Those Fucking Mosques. Minimalist 11 3282 June 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Turkey to stop teaching evolution downbeatplumb 8 2203 June 25, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  So beautiful. And so he loves beauty too. WinterHold 56 7394 December 30, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: camlov2019
  You're born fucked: what are you going to do about it? WinterHold 16 2305 August 18, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  What the hell happened too these people. dyresand 18 5153 March 18, 2015 at 3:41 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Islam is too aggressive.. lifesagift 10 2283 December 17, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mohammed M. arrested in Turkey. Something completely different 0 1132 March 21, 2013 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Something completely different