Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle Buck has become black
Uncle Buck has become black
Uncle Buck

Quote:An unreliable man-child takes care of his brother's kids. A TV adaptation of the 1989 comedy.

Quite enjoying the show, actually.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Uncle Buck has become black
Well, I mean... I don't really understand what the skin color of the cast has to do with anything, but...

Why?? I remember the movie being nominally funny, but this is the second TV "remake" of the thing, and the first one didn't do very well. Why this particular movie? I feel like I'm missing something.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(June 22, 2016 at 12:50 am)The_Empress Wrote: Why this particular movie? I feel like I'm missing something.

They should honestly make television shows out of all the 80s comedies. The 80s was the best decade for movies, without question.

I may also be biased, shush.
~ Erin Hunter
Nothing will beat the original.
I've heard it's awful, but Mike Epps is funny.

I won't partake.

As of tomorrow, to my great shame, Big Brother 18 will take over my TV life.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 22, 2016 at 12:56 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: As of tomorrow, to my great shame, Big Brother 18 will take over my TV life.

Ewwww! I have never seen one minute of any episode.
~ Erin Hunter
Don't. I'm quite certain you will love it as much as I do. It is my guiltiest pleasure.

Watching people lose their sense of humanity and become cut-throat liars and backstabbers only to genuinely believe they're honest and have integrity is like crack to me. An I hate myself a little for it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 22, 2016 at 1:00 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Watching people lose their sense of humanity and become cut-throat liars and backstabbers only to genuinely believe they're honest and have integrity is like crack to me. An I hate myself a little for it.

No, thank you. I get enough of that at work.
~ Erin Hunter
Reviews appear to be negative by the looks of things. I think I'll give it a miss.
The original wasn't good enough to be worthy of a remake IMO. Then again, neither is 90+% of the shit that gets rebooted these days.

I would ask where all the original ideas are, but I already know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Poem about Black Wall Street. Brian37 0 277 June 1, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  CBS to make show about black atheist.... Brian37 1 320 July 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Murder of Black Wings Mr.Obvious 1 327 June 6, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Adam Sandler vs Jack Black DramaQueen 35 5166 September 8, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam