Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian
Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian
A poster named The Organic Chemist posted this at TTA.  Worth a read.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-evangelic...25426.html

Quote:Evangelical Christians are mourning a cultural shift they see as a loss in both their influence at home and the nation's ability to hold a Christian standard for the world. 

A majority of white Evangelical Protestants - 59 percent - say the United States has lost its Christian identity, according to a survey by the Public Religion Research Institute and Brookings Institution. This represents an 11-point jump from 48 percent in 2012.
RE: Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian
(June 26, 2016 at 8:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A poster named The Organic Chemist posted this at TTA.  Worth a read.

Quote:Evangelical Christians are mourning a cultural shift they see as a loss in both their influence at home and the nation's ability to hold a Christian standard for the world. 

A majority of white Evangelical Protestants - 59 percent - say the United States has lost its Christian identity, according to a survey by the Public Religion Research Institute and Brookings Institution. This represents an 11-point jump from 48 percent in 2012.

No longer a christian nation well it was never one to begin with if they took their heads out of their asses 
they would realize we were and still are a secular nation and not a hell hole of a theocracy. Anyone with some common sense
can see why theocracy is a terrible form of government that is doomed to eventually fail.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Finally we have an approximate date - 1950 - as where we want to take America back to. Yippee: 1950- Jim Crow, women pregnant and in their Betty Crocker aprons cooking pot roast for their scotch drunk lily-ass white husbands, uncontested double standards for male/female sexual behaviors. I only wish I was young again because a 1960's-like sexual revolution will be inevitable.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Their angst is palpable. It's exactly why we're seeing the trans-bathroom laws, attempts until a couple of years ago to outlaw gay marriage, and so on.

I bet every pastor or preacher or pastor is reminded of this every time he looks out upon the pews and sees fewer and fewer younger faces, and more grey hairs.

Case study:

Death of a Superstition.

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/y...53216.html

Quote:146-year-old church to have last service Sunday

Quote:Now the beloved and historic church will be closing its doors after its final service on Sunday.
Membership has been dropping slowly, with only about six to 12 members attending services on Sunday. That has left the church in financial trouble.
"We started to see things not improving as far as the financial side or membership," said Serfling. "When you have seven or eight people in the church, offerings don't add up very quickly."

The old farts are dying off and the young do not give a rat's ass.
Maybe they should ask the boss for some money?  He must have hordes of it laying around by now.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
US no longer christian and it couldn't have done it without the complicity of the evangelicals themselves.

All that scripture cherry picking has taken it's toll, and look where it has left them.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 26, 2016 at 8:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A poster named The Organic Chemist posted this at TTA.  Worth a read.

Clap FSM Grin Heart

Hooray!!!!  Question is, "When will Ken Ham turn into fried bacon?!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 649 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  ciafbi have to say about ufo'hs Drich 122 4064 May 26, 2021 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1405 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Bigamy is no longer a felony in Utah Fake Messiah 26 2011 May 22, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  You can't say that anymore. onlinebiker 89 6549 January 1, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Evangelicals in decline. Jehanne 41 5650 December 24, 2018 at 1:15 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Saudi prince MBS meet with US evangelicals. WinterHold 1 286 November 11, 2018 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Something They'll Never Say About The WLB! Minimalist 3 369 August 26, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Yes, Evangelicals Suck Cock, This Isn't News Minimalist 6 524 June 25, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance brewer 94 5277 February 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: brewer