Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Homeless Shake
The Homeless Shake
Ahem. The title sounds like poetry, yes. Sorry to dissapoint but it's rather a simple question.

If a random homeless persom approached you in public started a conversatoon with you, reached his/her hand out and wanted to shake hands, would you shake his/her hand?
RE: The Homeless Shake
(June 30, 2016 at 5:52 am)RozKek Wrote: Ahem. The title sounds like poetry, yes. Sorry to dissapoint but it's rather a simple question.

If a random homeless persom approached you in public started a  conversatoon with you, reached his/her hand out and wanted to shake hands, would you shake his/her hand?

As a health care professional who wears gloves and compulsively (and sensibly) washes his hands 75-100 times a day .... No!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yes I would ....

I'm a man of the people.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 30, 2016 at 6:09 am)ignoramus Wrote: Yes I would ....

I'm a man of the people.

I am a man of the microbes!

How do you know it's not a secret millionaire testing you?
You just can't know for sure!

hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well I didn't and it feels like I avoided tens of thousands of diseases, I don't know if I imagined it, but that guy had a fukin cut in his neck.
(June 30, 2016 at 6:33 am)RozKek Wrote: Well I didn't and it feels like I avoided tens of thousands of diseases, I don't know if I imagined it, but that guy had a fukin cut in his neck.

I am a friendly person and have a bad habit of sticking my hand out to shake hands. Everytime I receive a handshake from anybody I feel a tingling alert on my skin and go wash my hands. No matter how clean the person appears or their apparent access to soap and water. Now , at home it is a different story. I am among my own micro-biome and right at home.

(June 30, 2016 at 5:52 am)RozKek Wrote: [...]If a random homeless persom approached you in public started a  conversatoon with you, reached his/her hand out and wanted to shake hands, would you shake his/her hand?

As a chef, who's hygienic habits affect health of thousands of people a day - I avoid shaking hands in most situations. And particularly - if the person, who's bacterial ecosystem I'm about to part-take in smells like a biological weapon made of cheese... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I don't want to judge, but I feel sorry for the homeless guy.
I usually shake and then wash hands asap once I'm back inside
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm organizing a donation drive for the unsheltered homeless in my area Jackalope 38 3503 February 17, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Homeless Veteran: My Life Now BlackSwordsman 10 1883 June 7, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Black_Pegasus