Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
hello
Hi everyone, just sort of stumbled onto this forum the other night and it seemed pretty interesting, so I though I would join up.

About me then; I was raised a jehovah's witness until I was about 17 and decided it was all bullshit. I suppose the one advantage to being a JW was that we were taught to be very critical of other religions, so it made it pretty easy to turn it around like "I don't believe in Zeus, Athena and all that because of... so why do I believe in Jesus?" That was nearly 10 years ago and now I'm as dogmatically irreligious as I once was religious! Does that sentence even make sense?
RE: hello
(August 9, 2010 at 2:37 am)cdog Wrote: Hi everyone, just sort of stumbled onto this forum the other night and it seemed pretty interesting, so I though I would join up.

About me then; I was raised a jehovah's witness until I was about 17 and decided it was all bullshit. I suppose the one advantage to being a JW was that we were taught to be very critical of other religions, so it made it pretty easy to turn it around like "I don't believe in Zeus, Athena and all that because of... so why do I believe in Jesus?" That was nearly 10 years ago and now I'm as dogmatically irreligious as I once was religious! Does that sentence even make sense?

No, but it doesn't have to. Welcome to team atheism, where existing isn't a sin and you dont' have to apologize for your whole life for existing. Big Grin
team atheism? this has got nothing to do with Twilight.

Hallo and welcome
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(August 9, 2010 at 2:00 pm)Cego_Colher Wrote: team atheism? this has got nothing to do with Twilight.

Twillight? I was thinking more along the lines of Axe Cop.
Hi there! I've always wanted to ask someone this: Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses give blood?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Short answer (because I assume you don't want the theological hairy fairy version) they think blood is sacred. So the only thing blood can be used for is sacrifices to god, anything else is a sin.

edit: also hello!
Ah. That's interesting. Welcome to the board!
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Quote:That was nearly 10 years ago and now I'm as dogmatically irreligious as I once was religious! Does that sentence even make sense?

Yes, it does,and is not surprising.However, dogmatism is not something to boast about,if you mean implacably opposed and closed minded.

Me? Well no, I'm not dogmatically irreligious,but I am rather ant- fuckwit. Not my fault if most of the fuckwits I run across are theists of varying flavours.(I think it might be a statistical thing)Angel Cloud

Welcome.
(August 9, 2010 at 2:37 am)cdog Wrote: Hi everyone, just sort of stumbled onto this forum the other night and it seemed pretty interesting, so I though I would join up.

hello cdog welcome to our madness!!
(August 9, 2010 at 3:12 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:

Welcome to team atheism, where existing isn't a sin and you dont' have to apologize for your whole life for existing. Big Grin

[youtube]YZdJRDpLHbw[/youtube]

Yeah TDoA durka durka

harrow !

[youtube]xh_9QhRzJEs[/youtube]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6016 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates