Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite element on the periodic table?
What is your favorite element on the periodic table?
I feel like being a little geeky. What is your favorite element on the periodic table? Mine is helium. Why? Because when you cool it down into a liquid, and then cool it down even more, it is in its own separate state of matter. It has no adhesion, yet it does. In other words, it won't stick to a solid surface in any way, it will drain out of your typical kitchen cup and can even climb up surfaces pending on pressure or temperature variations. Yet, when you stick a smooth cylinder into liquid helium, and spin it, the helium will begin to rotate. So it exists in a state of matter that defies all common sense, which is my response to anyone that comes at me and says some stupid shit like, "The big bang and evolution are counter intuitive! Climate change and vaccines are counter intuitive!" Well no shit, and so is liquid helium and any other super fluids similar to it.
RE: What is your favorite element on the periodic table?
molybdenum
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Beeryllium
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Calcium. Is that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4iyPMWOZkY
Hydrogen.
Carbon. If you need to ask why you're not worth responding to.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I love the first three responses. Epic.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 7, 2016 at 11:39 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Carbon. If you need to ask why you're not worth responding to.

Carbon is the slut of the periodic table though.
Americium, fuck yeah!
Im actually quite fond of oxygen. It seems I can't keep away for more than 2-3 minutes.