Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strippers protest Church
Strippers protest Church
Ah delicious comeuppance.

The pastor says the protests outside his church of only served to confirm the churchgoers' feelings. "They have now seen the evil firsthand," he says. "This has just made us stronger."

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/strippers...ested.html

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Strippers protest Church
(August 10, 2010 at 5:56 am)Jaysyn Wrote: Ah delicious comeuppance.

The pastor says the protests outside his church of only served to confirm the churchgoers' feelings. "They have now seen the evil firsthand," he says. "This has just made us stronger."

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/strippers...ested.html

Old news Baby Boy....but YES!! And I would recomend that the strippers take pics!!Angel Cloud

"Harper Valley PTA" ???
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
And I thought I couldn't find a reason to go to church...
link up with this one Jaysun

http://atheistforums.org/thread-4392-pos...l#pid85930

Devil
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(August 10, 2010 at 5:56 am)Jaysyn Wrote: Ah delicious comeuppance.

I've seen this cycle around the internet, then the news, then Jon Stewart/Stephan Colbert's routines and I'm quite enthralled to see so much support for the strippers' protest of the church for finally getting back at the always-rallied attacks from churches against any form of adult entertainment.

Plus, it's strippers. Adding that to anything already upgrades a story from standard to awesome - just like ninjas, dinosaurs, beer, and pirates.
One of my favorite news stories of all time is still the one where the somalian pirates attacked a cruise ship and they repelled the attack from sonic weapons just because that conjures up images in my mind of something like future space men fighting pirates!
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan