Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Convince Me Not To
Help Convince Me Not To
So I have a little expendable income and I want to buy a toy.

I know I don't need it, but every now and again I get a bug up my butt and then my rationalization engine starts running full speed.

I want to buy a tablet. I don't have one, have never had one, but I think it would be useful. Everything I read, however, tells me this is just a toy with no real practical capabilities. If I buy one, it won't be Crapple. It'll be a continuation of my fealty to the Google Overlords, with the Pixel C. Now, tell my why I shouldn't buy a tablet. Or if you have one and use it a lot, tell me why I should.

My Pros:
1) My laptop is heavy and I could carry this to school instead. (I can SSH into my linux box from school)
2) I'd use it instead of my phone while I'm at home
3) It would be better for media than my laptop
4) Easier to take to work for schoolwork.

My cons:
1) It is 100% a non-essential. I could just save the $600, or spend it on my vacay.
2) Really, that's a big one. I don't need it. But I waaaaannnts it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Help Convince Me Not To
I have no opinion other than Pro #1 makes no sense. To heavy for the man of steel?

If I were you I'd go with what ever Tanner thinks. BaWooooooooooooooooo.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I haven't had a vacation since 2011, and that was a 3 day weekend.

So I'd hope to vicariously enjoy any time I might get you to take off and go somewhere and have fun.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I won't convince you not to.

I bought one last year and it's been sitting on a shelf ever since.

Buy it.

Use it.

Enjoy it.

Your Precious!
Dying to live, living to die.
oh, just remembered, I had West Nile Fever in 2014 and was incapacitated for weeks with it.

That was sort of kinda like a vacation, if you want to count it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Buy a lighter Laptop...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 10, 2016 at 10:39 pm)Alex K Wrote: Buy a lighter Laptop...

That's only for arsonists.
Dying to live, living to die.
Tbh, if mine weren't old and clunky, I'd use it way more. It's fantastically more convenient than the phone except photography. But I'm a heavy reader and use mine for books and Pinterest and feedly.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
What I'm saying is that if you think you will use it, get it.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:If I buy one, it won't be Crapple.

u wot m8

*triggered*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP! (not life threatening) Athene 2 529 July 18, 2015 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Athene
  How, and how NOT to help a suffering atheist... IanHulett 13 1937 May 31, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: IanHulett