Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil.
9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil.
I can't reveal any specifics, but based upon first-hand information, I know of a 9-year old girl from a fundamental Christian household who is hearing voices from "the Devil" which are telling her to kill herself.

How pathetic and sad!  And, are the parents of this little girl telling her that the Devil is all a bunch of bullshit, and that the "voices" in her head are due to her brain not working right, that is, due to mental illness?  No!  Instead, they are asking for "prayers".

This just makes me sick to my stomach.
RE: 9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil.
Poor kid.

Ding dong parents and a kid with a serious problem is a bad combo.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hope she gets the help she needs.
(July 14, 2016 at 11:00 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Poor kid.

Ding dong parents and a kid with a serious problem is a bad combo.

I just hope that this does not turn into another Andrea Yates-type scenario.  No doubt this shit is taking place across the country (USA), though.
That's what happens when you fill a young child's head with bullshit.
This goes back to the other thread.

What if the parents are evil and don't want the child?
Is this another way of getting away with murder?
Another reason why religions shouldn't exist.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Can you make an anon call to Children and Youth or Child Protective Services? If she's suicidal, they can remove her from her parents care and get her the help she needs.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 14, 2016 at 11:25 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Can you make an anon call to Children and Youth or Child Protective Services? If she's suicidal, they can remove her from her parents care and get her the help she needs.

Yes, OP, you need to do this. Command hallucinations are a medical emergency.
Kid's doomed.

Really sad.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 15, 2016 at 12:10 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Kid's doomed.

Really sad.

Let's just hope the parents are thrown into jail if anything does happen to the kid. Normally I would suggest a 9mm to the back of the head, but that's too good for them.
(July 15, 2016 at 12:06 am)Tres Leches Wrote:
(July 14, 2016 at 11:25 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Can you make an anon call to Children and Youth or Child Protective Services? If she's suicidal, they can remove her from her parents care and get her the help she needs.

Yes, OP, you need to do this. Command hallucinations are a medical emergency.

I agree.

God damn. This is something that always concerns me. The things religious people say are going on in their head sound so similar to the symptoms of actual mental illness. So how do you tell the difference? In this case, the kid is quite probably mentally ill and hearing voices, and her fucking indoctrination is making her think it's the devil.

She needs to see a medical professional right away.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 690 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1502 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2273 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  A prediction for the new year zebo-the-fat 14 1554 December 20, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8383 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4887 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Devil downbeatplumb 64 9297 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9068 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Why can't I see the devil? KUSA 43 5684 April 1, 2016 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  That magical time of year again... LadyForCamus 38 9400 March 27, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: ignoramus