Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Jesus?
Where is Jesus?
Not talking metaphorically here ie in my heart etc. Is he in heaven? Is that where Yahweh is? Is it a supernatural realm? If the answers are yes then how was he raised bodily and therefore materially into an immaterial realm with no time nor space for a material body to exist?
RE: Where is Jesus?
It was magic. You know... that whole 'God is omnipotent and can do anything he wants' thing.
Six feet under*

*(if he was real).
(August 11, 2010 at 6:19 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Six feet under*

*(if he was real).

Big Grin well at least in a bone box to be fair
Crucified criminals were left to hang on the cross until they rotted off....what was left was dumped on a garbage pile. That was the point of crucifixion.

The whole idea of the Romans granting a funeral to someone they bothered to crucify is almost laughable.

If there were a jesus, he rotted away long ago.

But the story is so preposterous that it is safe to say it never happened.
Quote:Crucified criminals were left to hang on the cross until they rotted off....what was left was dumped on a garbage pile. That was the point of crucifixion.

The whole idea of the Romans granting a funeral to someone they bothered to crucify is almost laughable.

If there were a jesus, he rotted away long ago.

But the story is so preposterous that it is safe to say it never happened.

Clearly you dont know the story.

Quote: 57As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus' body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. 59Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away. 61Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there opposite the tomb.
Mathew 27.
Quote:*Six feet under*

was six feet under.
Quote:Clearly you dont know the story.

I do know the story, Mac. What I'm telling you is that the story is utter bullshit.

Crucifixion was the penalty reserved for rebels and/or slaves. When the Romans crucified someone it was to send a message. That message was "DON'T FUCK WITH US." Common criminals were dispatched in the arena for the amusement of the crowd. It was far more cost-effective.

Here again we have a case of special pleading. "Oh, but in this case things were different."

"Mark" specifies no criminal charge. Neither does "John." Neither does "Matthew." "Luke" actually claims that Pilate states that both he and Herod found him "innocent." IN their zeal to paint the Jews as the persecutors xtians actually invent a custom of releasing a criminal at Passover which is attested to nowhere in 1,000 years of Roman law.

Face it. This shit is made up.
Quote:I do know the story, Mac. What I'm telling you is that the story is utter bullshit.

Crucifixion was the penalty reserved for rebels and/or slaves. When the Romans crucified someone it was to send a message. That message was "DON'T FUCK WITH US." Common criminals were dispatched in the arena for the amusement of the crowd. It was far more cost-effective.

Here again we have a case of special pleading. "Oh, but in this case things were different."

"Mark" specifies no criminal charge. Neither does "John." Neither does "Matthew." "Luke" actually claims that Pilate states that both he and Herod found him "innocent." IN their zeal to paint the Jews as the persecutors xtians actually invent a custom of releasing a criminal at Passover which is attested to nowhere in 1,000 years of Roman law.

Face it. This shit is made up.

10 points for trying.

I dont want to enter this debate, I need to do a lot more research. So what scholars arguement are you using?
Would you read anything that disagreed with your fundie point of view anyway?
(August 11, 2010 at 8:14 pm)solja247 Wrote: I dont want to enter this debate, I need to do a lot more research. So what scholars arguement are you using?

He can't use his own argument?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7243 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7387 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist