Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#PrayForTurkey
#PrayForTurkey
[Image: pray_for_turkey_by_mak110-d4e33kh.jpg]

Nobody wishes for a war, but an arse. so...
RE: #PrayForTurkey
Praying for Turkey is going to exactly as helpful as 'hoping for Turkey', 'wishing for turkey', 'casting runes for Turkey' or 'examining the entrails of a properly sacrificed sheep for Turkey'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2016 at 4:00 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: [Image: pray_for_turkey_by_mak110-d4e33kh.jpg]

Nobody wishes for a war, but an arse. so...

I wont pray for anything. I can hope for the best but prayer, no.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Asking a majority atheist forum to pray. Can you not see something wrong with that, Atlas?
Can I masturbate for Turkey instead? It will do Turkish people as much good as prayer would and at least I'll get some exercise...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 16, 2016 at 4:33 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Asking a majority atheist forum to pray. Can you not see something wrong with that, Atlas?

/thread Big Grin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't pray, period. But my hopes are that modern Turkey gets rid sooner rather than later of this despicable little prick trying to establish himself as the great (theocratic?) leader.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Pray into one hand and shit into the other and see which fills up first.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(July 16, 2016 at 4:56 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Pray into one hand and shit into the other and see which fills up first.

Interesting acrobatic experiment by the way.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 16, 2016 at 4:58 am)abaris Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 4:56 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Pray into one hand and shit into the other and see which fills up first.

Interesting acrobatic experiment by the way.

Heh. Mam used to say, 'Wish in one hand, shit in the other. Then squeeze them both and see which comes true.'

Boru