Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence: A Woman Hater from Way Back.
Pence: A Woman Hater from Way Back.
Buzzflash uncovered a 1999 op-ed in which:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/pence-di...bat-roles/

Quote:When Donald Trump’s running mate Mike Pence was a talk radio show host in Indiana, he wrote an op-ed declaring the film Mulan was an attempt by some “mischievous liberal” at Disney to influence the debate over women in the military.

The 1999 op-ed ran on a website for Pence’s radio program that was uncovered by BuzzFeed News.

Perfect for this misogynist ticket.
RE: Pence: A Woman Hater from Way Back.
He also wrote an op-ed about waiting until the evidence is in on this cigarette thing before we pass these tax laws.

Mike Pence Wrote:In the coming weeks, Americans are going to be treated with the worst kind of Washington-speak regarding the tobacco legislation currently being considered by the Congress and Attorney Generals from forty different states. We will hear about the scourge of tobacco and the resultant premature deaths. We will hear about how this phalanx of government elates has suddenly grown a conscience after decades of subsidizing the product which, we are now told, "kills millions of Americans each year".
Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill.

You might think this was written in the 50's. Or maybe even, giving old Mike the benefit of the doubt, the early 80's or something.

Nope. 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/2001041508534...smoke.html
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 17, 2016 at 4:25 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: He also wrote an op-ed about waiting until the evidence is in on this cigarette thing before we pass these tax laws.

Mike Pence Wrote:In the coming weeks, Americans are going to be treated with the worst kind of Washington-speak regarding the tobacco legislation currently being considered by the Congress and Attorney Generals from forty different states. We will hear about the scourge of tobacco and the resultant premature deaths. We will hear about how this phalanx of government elates has suddenly grown a conscience after decades of subsidizing the product which, we are now told, "kills millions of Americans each year".
Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn't kill.

You might think this was written in the 50's. Or maybe even, giving old Mike the benefit of the doubt, the early 80's or something.

Nope. 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/2001041508534...smoke.html

Is Pence a smoker?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nope, but he took $100,000 in 'campaign contributions' from the tobacco lobby shortly before.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Min doesn't like the Republican VP candidate....shocking....
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
And still methinks, this particular candidate is meant to be a bow before the republican establishment. Which in itself is a scary prospect.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 17, 2016 at 5:07 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Min doesn't like the Republican VP candidate....shocking....

And he's a prince compared to the motherfucking scumbag at the top of the ticket!
(July 17, 2016 at 5:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 17, 2016 at 5:07 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Min doesn't like the Republican VP candidate....shocking....

And he's a prince compared to the motherfucking scumbag at the top of the ticket!

Yeah, I don't know anything about Mike Pence. He sort of seems like a boring white guy who won't take any attention away from Donald Trump.

I mean we all know Donald Trump loves attention. Hell he probably ran for president in the first place and said a bunch of outrageous things for the attention. He just sucks it all up. Now he chooses the most boring, whitest running mate possible. The guy even looks like a loaf of white bread. Just listened to a short Mike Pence speech, they should use him to cure insomnia.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
What choice did he have?  After Corker and whacko Joni Ernst told him to fuck himself he was left with:

1 - Crazy Newt Gingrich

2-  Bridge Master Christie

3-  Boring Mike Pence.

Given Trump's penchant for shameless self-promotion the choice was obvious.

Neither is a match for Elizabeth Warren who ripped both of them new assholes.
Of course he hates women. It's just couched in applying religious freedom.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pence LinuxGal 2 518 November 17, 2022 at 5:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4503 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Mike Pence Minimalist 6 794 August 7, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 572 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1699 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8040 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 627 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Help PISS OFF Mike <---dickface Pence! Brian37 14 2838 March 27, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Pence VS. Rippon Fake Messiah 115 8944 February 20, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1865 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok