Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US-backed Syrian terrorists behead Palestinian child
US-backed Syrian terrorists behead Palestinian child
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-...ad-8451881
https://www.rt.com/usa/352193-pause-supp...ading-boy/
http://www.timesofisrael.com/video-shows...an-rebels/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36843990

And not the first time US-backed forces have committed atrocities like this.
RE: US-backed Syrian terrorists behead Palestinian child
Nour al-Din al-Zinki has also received financial and military aid from Turkey and the Gulf States. It has been accused of violence against civilians by Amnesty International, along with the majority of the illegally armed groups operating in Syria.
Not exactly surprising, we haven't been pumping money into the Syrian shit-show on the basis of a groups humanitarian outreach. Here's a fun question, would it change anyone's opinion of the event if the child was, as they claimed, an enemy combatant?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nope.

What would change my mind though would be stopping that stupid interventionalism. And by stupid I mean handing money and weapons to groups we don't know dick about. Only that they're fighting big bad Assad, the only secular power, by the way. Oh well, lessons from Afghanistan vs Soviets not learned, as it seems. Supporting the enemy of my enemy doesn't make them our friends.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'm not sure we're going for friends when we do that.  More like, supporting the enemy of my enemy makes my enemy dead, yeah?  We turn the guns on the enemies of our enemies when we no longer need their services, often enough. I wasn;t asking so much in relation to that though. More about the event itself, those directly involved in it. The beheading of an enemy combatant, vs the beheading of a child. There's a subtle but obviously important difference in framing it either way. I find both distasteful, but I find one slightly less cringe-worthy than another.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sad, but I cannot help but think that is one less combatant that we will have to face at some point in the future. If you subscribe to the thought that there is a coming showdown between Islam and the world.
(July 20, 2016 at 9:55 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: Sad, but I cannot help but think that is one less combatant that we will have to face at some point in the future.  If you subscribe to the thought that there is a coming showdown between Islam and the world.

But we don't know for sure if he was a combatant or not. The group he was alleged to have been a member of has denied it and the executioners haven't exactly provided proof.
(July 20, 2016 at 9:54 am)Rhythm Wrote: More like, supporting the enemy of my enemy makes my enemy dead, yeah?

To arm, supply and train future enemies doesn't seem like the wisest of strategies though. I grew up with the media created image of the galant Afghani fighters that was sold to us in the West. I learned my lesson when Bin Laden and buddies surfaced from the rubble. Seems the ones being in positions of power didn't.
(July 20, 2016 at 9:55 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: Sad, but I cannot help but think that is one less combatant that we will have to face at some point in the future.  If you subscribe to the thought that there is a coming showdown between Islam and the world.

Preemptive child beheading; I love it.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(July 20, 2016 at 9:55 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: If you subscribe to the thought that there is a coming showdown between Islam and the world.

Which I don't. Well, unless someone catches me unawares and covers me in tinfoil.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 666 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Netflix and "Cuties" = child pron? Foxaèr 37 4334 November 30, 2020 at 5:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pitbulls maul Detroit child to death. onlinebiker 39 3956 August 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It Seems That Civilian Courts Don't Have Trouble Convicting Terrorists Minimalist 4 688 November 6, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Israeli forces kill medic, wound 100 protesters in Gaza unrest, Palestinian ministry The Industrial Atheist 151 18295 June 15, 2018 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Predictable In A Nation Which Would Elect A Child Molester Minimalist 1 523 November 20, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2426 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Texas terrorists help Harvey victims. Brian37 15 2900 September 1, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  The WLB Fucks Our Syrian Rebel "Allies" Minimalist 13 1647 July 28, 2017 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 14417 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus