Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Make Sense to You?
Does this Make Sense to You?
This just occurred to me and it’s crazy when you think about it.

Adam has just eaten the forbidden fruit and he hides from god. But he doesn’t hide because he ate the fruit. He hides because he’s naked. Now wait a minute. He didn’t become naked after he are the fruit. God created him that way. And god knew there was something shameful about being naked so he hid the fact so Adam would not realize the truth about himself until after he had eaten the fruit.

So here is Adam trying to hide his nakedness from the god who created him naked. Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Does this Make Sense to You?
was God naked too ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Gee, that sounded pervy . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You have to remember some xtians think Adam and Eve is a parable to be interpreted ....

So its obvious, the bible is informing man to wear clothes when eating fruit as its embarrassing to get fruit juice on your bollocks .... case closed
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(July 23, 2016 at 12:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: was God naked too ?
To cover his invisibility. and I think he let Moses see his falsey.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

(July 23, 2016 at 1:15 pm)madog Wrote: You have to remember some xtians think Adam and Eve is a parable to be interpreted ....

So its obvious, the bible is informing man to wear clothes when eating fruit as its embarrassing to get fruit juice on your bollocks .... case closed

You really have to be in a creative position to get fruit juice on your buttocks, and I think it takes two.

--Voltaire

(July 23, 2016 at 1:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 1:15 pm)madog Wrote: You have to remember some xtians think Adam and Eve is a parable to be interpreted ....

You really have to be in a creative position to get fruit juice on your buttocks, and I think it takes two.

Whatever does it for you Rolleyes but bollocks (balls) are at the front  Wink
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(July 23, 2016 at 2:02 pm)madog Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 1:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: You really have to be in a creative position to get fruit juice on your buttocks, and I think it takes two.

Whatever does it for you Rolleyes but bollocks (balls) are at the front  Wink

Oops, I misread you. Well, that would not be embarrassing. That would be

--Voltaire

Yeah... the fruit thing is meant to teach good and evil, or something. So is being naked evil?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I remember a priest tried to explain the allegory of this to me about 10 years ago...

He said it was indicative of "criticism" people levelled at the church for preventing access to knowledge and thus a metaphor for god being the 'keeper' of knowledge away from unenlightened man.

He said that he interpreted it a different way, and believed that god was protecting us from shame and guilt. That our 'nakedness' was our vulnerability as a people being manifest.

I actually thought that was a cracking explanation - but when you then have a church who have done nothing BUT ram shame and guilt down the throats of people for around 1500 years now. The church views humanity's nakedness as an excuse to pour scorn on people's vulnerabilities - when god was allegedly protecting us FROM those vulnerabilities.

Flawed logic, doesn't even begin to describe that.
[Image: sig_zpsf1akqqpa.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 500 & Common Sense. Jehanne 53 4143 June 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2087 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10673 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36328 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Why atheists make fun of you christians dyresand 10 5493 September 30, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion doesn't make you a better person dyresand 3 2133 August 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does Calvinism make the most sense as far as Christianity Goes? The Batlord 63 16819 August 16, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  in a sense i'm happy dyresand 2 1380 November 21, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  why religion doesn't make sense dyresand 24 4697 November 5, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: miniboes
  Please describe what you think would make the ideal Christian? Whateverist 24 5370 February 25, 2014 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Mr. Moncrieff