Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You lookin at me?
You lookin at me?
Every forum needs a  grumpy old fart.
Old age pensioner, Pretoria,South Africa.
Now go away Sad
RE: You lookin at me?
Afrikaans or English? What prefer you?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yes, I'm looking at you.

Welcome aboard.
Either is fine, English likely more accessible for everybody.
Haha, yeah it is. Guess I was just curious about daily life. I'm somewhat of a linguophile.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hmmm, you know Afrikaans and English is not all? We have 11 official languages.
Afrikaans
English
isiNdebele
isiXhosa
isiZulu
Sesotho sa Leboa
Sesotho
Setswana
siSwati
Tshivenda
Xitsonga
Had to google them....
(July 30, 2016 at 6:17 pm)Svadilfari Wrote: Every forum needs a  grumpy old fart.
Old age pensioner, Pretoria,South Africa.
Now go away Sad

We've got one, but you're welcome none the less. Maybe you and Minimalist could have a competition - see who can yell, 'You kids get the hell off my lawn!' more convincingly.

I've never been to South Africa. Is it nice there?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My money's on Min. Tongue
ProFacts!!

Also, apparently each province is only beholden to have facilities for two of those languages, and it could be whichever ones make sense. Limpopo could be isizulu and Afrikaans, and Western Cape could be Setswana and Tshivenda.
Yeah, the job is already filled, but even Min needs time off now and again. Maybe you could be his padawan?

Good to have you aboard anyway. Big Grin
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'