Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Watching the Olympics?
Are You Watching the Olympics?
Since I cut the cable cord last year, I only get NBC on an antenna so I've been watching their nightly prime-time wrap ups. I would be more happy with less fluff about competitors' families and backgrounds and more actual competitions but that's American TV for you.

My favorite sports to watch are diving and track & field/ athletics. My grandma liked equestrian events so I think of her if those are on. What are yours?
RE: Are You Watching the Olympics?
Not really.

I just occasionally search on Google to see if Britain has won any medals.
I don't have cable either, and the quality of reception for NBC is poor. I'm not a summer Olympics buff anyway. So no Olympics for me.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I do have cable, and am watching the Olys. Soccer and gymnastics are my favorite sports in general, any year. But I'm content to watch whatever's on. I don't obsess and try to watch everything, and I don't collect pins and stickers and such, but I am an Olys fan. 

Other stuff I have watched includes air rifle, volleyball, beach volleyball, water polo and bicycle racing, including the violent accident that sent the Dutch woman to the hospital. That's actually another sport I casually watch between cycles. I like the Tour de France and AMGEN Tour of California. Velo is something I see in the Olys, but don't follow it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I love watching the esoteric sports you'd never get a chance to see otherwise.

So far I have been watching:
Archery
Table Tennis
Kayaking
Fencing
Judo
Indoor/Beach Volleyball
Field Hockey
Water Polo

Also, if course I am catching tennis, basketball, soccer, and swimming. The only sport I have found unwatchable is water polo. I don't know why.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Not watching Olympics. I can't think of anything more boring to watch, than sports. Previous Olympic games were held in London, where I live - and it never crossed my mind to watch any of that either. I guess I lack the gene allowing for taking pride in other people's achievements...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I forget who said it but some guy described Olympic tv coverage as "two athletes.... the American and the guy who won."

And no.  Haven't watched a minute of it.
No.

Keep hearing the results anyway.
Dying to live, living to die.
Concerning results, it bugs me (with anything. Even Big Brother) to hear results before I've seen something, but it's hard to avoid such spoilers.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Oh hell no
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1102 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If watching an ABBA fan/Wash fan walk the plank. Brian37 11 765 January 10, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nostalgia, watching old games. Brian37 18 902 October 13, 2020 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anyone watching the Raiders/Bronco's game? Brian37 1 371 December 25, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Is anyone watching the final 4? Brian37 0 425 April 1, 2017 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rio Olympics, triumph and tragedy . . . . vorlon13 8 2288 April 24, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The "Special" Olympics is dumb BrokenQuill92 36 16020 April 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Olympics Godscreated 91 26536 August 18, 2012 at 10:47 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  It just HAD to happen- Olympics thread KichigaiNeko 63 19354 August 10, 2012 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Phelps vs Lochte Olympics 2012 5thHorseman 4 2160 July 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: jackman