Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal?
So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal?
Intelligent life has to exist elsewhere in the universe somewhere, but what are the chances that they are here? Are the UFOs in the sky aliens? Or are they of a more natural or man-made origin? Is there really 4 races that visit us to tell us to not use nukes, or is that all just a hoax by a guy who couldn't even get the history of things like lazers right? What about the alien abduction stories around the world? Are they just dreams and hoaxes? 

The only encounter I've had with unexplained things in the sky is red explosions that appeared to be high in the atmosphere. Not fireworks, literally red balls of fire. I've seen this twice, a few years apart from each other. Most likely it was just some missile testing, but I really don't know.

The ufo phenomenon is a fascinating one, whether it's all just hoaxes and interpreting tricks of lighting and other phenomenon that are unknown to you as being extra-terrestrial, or it being legit.
RE: So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal?
(August 21, 2016 at 2:38 am)Mechaghostman2 Wrote: Intelligent life has to exist elsewhere in the universe somewhere, but what are the chances that they are here? Are the UFOs in the sky aliens? Or are they of a more natural or man-made origin? Is there really 4 races that visit us to tell us to not use nukes, or is that all just a hoax by a guy who couldn't even get the history of things like lazers right? What about the alien abduction stories around the world? Are they just dreams and hoaxes? 

The only encounter I've had with unexplained things in the sky is red explosions that appeared to be high in the atmosphere. Not fireworks, literally red balls of fire. I've seen this twice, a few years apart from each other. Most likely it was just some missile testing, but I really don't know.

The ufo phenomenon is a fascinating one, whether it's all just hoaxes and interpreting tricks of lighting and other phenomenon that are unknown to you as being extra-terrestrial, or it being legit.

I will just have to disagree with the first phrase here. Intelligent life does not "have to" exist somewhere else in the universe.

My personal opinion is that it is likely that there is intelligent life out there somewhere, though I can't assert that as truth until there is actually evidence. I also don't believe that any intelligent life from elsewhere has visited Earth yet. Sure there are a lot of people who claim that aliens are here or have been here. I will admit that it is closer to acceptable evidence than most religious claims, but there's nothing solid there yet. Most of this is, as you said, unidentified stuff in the sky. The key word there is "unidentified", which means the observer does not know.

It would be very exciting to discover something like this, however.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
We live in an age where everyone is carrying around a 5 megapixel camera in their pocket. There aren't any flying saucers, sorry.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I think if aliens had the technology to get here, they wouldn't be scared to show themselves and if they didn't want to be seen for our benefit, they wouldn't be.
I don't know what UFO's are but I don't think they're alien.
I've seen lights in the sky.
Camped in a valley in Western Australia near Donnybrook, a friend and I saw two lights moving unnaturally in the night sky for hours.
I think that will remain a mystery to me. Without anything to go on, I'm going to leave it in the 'I don't know' pile.
I think a lot of people can't do that.
I believe they see things but, due to human nature, they have to try and put two and two together and come up with a crazy theory.
If an ionized inert space dust (plasma crystal) contracts into DNA structure when cryogenically cooled shown here aboard the ISS by Russian scientists @ 4:01:

What do you think is going on throughout interstellar space in nebular clouds full of organic molecules?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
I would like to see some credible evidence.

Until then, UFO "sightings" are a load of crap.
For now, intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is just conjecture.

After all, I cannot imagine intelligent life covertly capturing cows and giving false memories to ignorant, backward people.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Nice one Maelstrom, that was actually funny. :-)
So what's the best answer to the Fermi paradox? That we're simply so extremely lucky to be alive that it's much more likely that no other advanced lifeforms exist on any other planet in this universe? Not impossible.
(August 21, 2016 at 4:09 am)Irrational Wrote: So what's the best answer to the Fermi paradox? That we're simply so extremely lucky to be alive that it's much more likely that no other advanced lifeforms exist on any other planet in this universe? Not impossible.

The answer is a big, fat maybe. Of course it's not impossible. We just can't make a clear assertion on it right now.
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5794 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  What do you think about aliens? GGG 176 12421 May 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  No Deal, Edmonds Cyberman 6 1985 June 8, 2016 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Tech billionaire gives $100M to Stephen Hawking’s search for aliens Fake Messiah 5 2273 August 4, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Saw my first UFO last night Zen Badger 41 10068 December 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  UFO Stories are Wacko Michael Schubert 25 5551 November 10, 2013 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
Rainbow Are UFO's and extraterrestrials real? TheouLive 136 34226 October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Edgar Mitchell on Aliens Napoléon 87 19839 October 12, 2011 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Napoléon