Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caster Semenya
Caster Semenya
Anyone heard about this controversy over this Olympic runner Caster Semenya?

People are saying she has elevated testosterone so it isn't fair on the other runners.

I really don't get this.  Surely it's taken for granted that people have different genetics and benefit from them in sport.  This is ESPECIALLY the case in running I imagine.  You don't have to rely on mental agility or intelligence, you're not really outsmarting your opponents like somebody might do in UFC or boxing.  It's nearly purely who has the best body for running and who trained the best. 

They try to make it fair in relation to testosterone I suppose by separating men and women and not allowing drugs, but now you have this woman who has a fuck load of testosterone.

All you can really do is put up with it and say, yeh she has superior genetics in relation to running, or divide the sports into categories related to testosterone levels rather than if they have a penis or vagina or what chromosomes they have.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Caster Semenya
There's precedence, without looking it up. There were some athletes more or less lying about their real gender. I can't really remember the names or nations involved, since it's decades ago, but it plays a little bit into the transgender field. Drug induced at some times, at some times really transgender as I remember one athlete who't pretty close to home. I think, he/she was called Schimanek, but I couldn't find any reference either. Must have been in the 60ies or 70ies, if memory serves.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]