Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hello everyone
Hello everyone,

I'm an 18 year old guy from the Netherlands, and I have always been an atheist. Well, I didn't really think about it back then and if you had asked me I wouldn't really have known if I believed in any god. But according to most definitions that counts as being atheist.
Now I'm a convinced atheist, since about 2 years ago, when I stumbled across the whole atheist-internet-happening and my main man Richard Dawkins. At first I was interested in his work on evolution, but then I watched some debates of his, read some of his books, and just found myself also agreeing with the majority of his views on religion and atheism. 
I'm about to go to college to study AI. I'm interested in evolution, football (or soccer, for noobs) and philosophy (mainly free will, perception and consciousness).

I might not be a very active user on here, but whenever I do post, you better read it.
Yoo
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome!
Welcome
Yoohoo Yoo!

Welcome to the forum Smile

Yeah, I know what you mean. You get to a certain point and it's like, "There's a word for that?"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 28, 2016 at 4:22 pm)Yoo Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm an 18 year old guy from the Netherlands, and I have always been an atheist. Well, I didn't really think about it back then and if you had asked me I wouldn't really have known if I believed in any god. But according to most definitions that counts as being atheist.
Now I'm a convinced atheist, since about 2 years ago, when I stumbled across the whole atheist-internet-happening and my main man Richard Dawkins. At first I was interested in his work on evolution, but then I watched some debates of his, read some of his books, and just found myself also agreeing with the majority of his views on religion and atheism. 
I'm about to go to college to study AI. I'm interested in evolution, football (or soccer, for noobs) and philosophy (mainly free will, perception and consciousness).

I might not be a very active user on here, but whenever I do post, you better read it.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL(REAL FOOTBALL) without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress. Oh and I got to meet Dawkins at the 2007 convention in DC along with Hitchens and Harris.
Hiyas.

(August 28, 2016 at 5:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 4:22 pm)Yoo Wrote: Hello everyone,

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL(REAL FOOTBALL) without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress. Oh and I got to meet Dawkins at the 2007 convention in DC along with Hitchens and Harris.

Wow that's so cool! Like actually in person?
Yoo
Yo...yoo

>.>

Hehe

Have some welcome muffins
[Image: Apple-Oatmeal-Muffins.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Hi and welcome!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
The northern contingent is growing!

Welcome!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1381 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2168 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5631 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1883 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7776 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2604 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3818 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1223 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Brick Hello to everyone Wryetui 23 4327 May 4, 2016 at 9:27 pm