Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharia in the United States...
Sharia in the United States...
exists and was not created by Muslim extremists, but Christian U.S. citizens.

http://charlotte.news14.com/?ArID=629402

ROFLOL
RE: Sharia in the United States...
I don't think that really counts, but you know for sure the Fundies would love to turn this into a Christian theocracy. Remember a few years back when the big right-wing catch-phrase was Islamo-fascists? Well I for one worry WAY more about Christo-nazis!
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!
I'm not worried about the prefix, its the fascism part.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 23, 2010 at 2:23 pm)parrotpirate Wrote: I don't think that really counts, but you know for sure the Fundies would love to turn this into a Christian theocracy. Remember a few years back when the big right-wing catch-phrase was Islamo-fascists? Well I for one worry WAY more about Christo-nazis!

"Republicanazis."

WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm pretty sure "separation of church and state" does not mean "no enforcement of the law in my religious organisation".
(August 23, 2010 at 6:31 pm)theVOID Wrote: WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm pretty sure "separation of church and state" does not mean "no enforcement of the law in my religious organisation".

Since when has the Constitution or Bill of Rights mattered to these idiots:

Quote:WASHINGTON – Republican Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia won his seat in Congress campaigning as a strict defender of the Constitution. He carries a copy in his pocket and is particularly fond of invoking the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

But it turns out there are parts of the document he doesn't care for — lots of them. He wants to get rid of the language about birthright citizenship, federal income taxes and direct election of senators, among others. He would add plenty of stuff, including explicitly authorizing castration as punishment for child rapists.

This hot-and-cold take on the Constitution is surprisingly common within the GOP, particularly among those like Broun who portray themselves as strict Constitutionalists and who frequently accuse Democrats of twisting the document to serve political aims....
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(August 23, 2010 at 2:54 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I'm not worried about the prefix, its the fascism part.

My point was that we are in more danger from Christians trying to force their beliefs on us here in the states than we are from Muslims. But, yes any type of fascism is evil.
The one thing everybody needs to remember is that I never claimed to be sane!
(August 23, 2010 at 6:44 pm)Entropist Wrote:
(August 23, 2010 at 6:31 pm)theVOID Wrote: WHAT THE FUCK?

Since when has the Constitution or Bill of Rights mattered to these idiots:

Quote:WASHINGTON – Republican Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia won his seat in Congress campaigning as a strict defender of the Constitution. He carries a copy in his pocket and is particularly fond of invoking the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

But it turns out there are parts of the document he doesn't care for — lots of them. He wants to get rid of the language about birthright citizenship, federal income taxes and direct election of senators, among others. He would add plenty of stuff, including explicitly authorizing castration as punishment for child rapists.

This hot-and-cold take on the Constitution is surprisingly common within the GOP, particularly among those like Broun who portray themselves as strict Constitutionalists and who frequently accuse Democrats of twisting the document to serve political aims....

I wish I could say that such idiocy surprises me, but I can't without lying my ass off. Such hypocrisy combined with idiocy is not uncommon among political figures. If only people would take the time to become more educated, then these assholes would have a harder time snaking their way in.
Skwisgaar Skwigelf: ....I love to laugh. Hi.
Grandmother: Hi.
Skwisgaar Skwigelf: Guess what? You are a GMILF. That is a grandmother I'd like to fuck
[Image: image.axd?picture=Fascism-in-America.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States now enters the phase of mass executions. Jehanne 48 4027 November 18, 2022 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1153 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3642 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3221 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Seven states bar people with a criminal record from receiving victim's compensation Angrboda 34 2331 September 23, 2018 at 5:16 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Impeachment process in the United States Joods 18 3245 October 31, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: henryp
  44 States Minimalist 35 10143 July 7, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Voting Machine Hack Confirmed Across 39 States Foxaèr 3 1311 June 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Anyone notice Blue states tend to me more fiscally responsible? NuclearEnergy 25 3573 March 1, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The States Are The Laboratories of Democracy! Minimalist 12 2035 August 19, 2016 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Minimalist