Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, amongst us girls....
So, amongst us girls....
I am working on a new novel.

It involves a situation where 85 percent of the population suddenly, for no apparent reason, becomes infertile.

The situation also involves many other factors I shall not discuss because I already know where I am headed with this.

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion of what I am attempting?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: So, amongst us girls....
I'm hoping you took on board some of the criticisms of your writing from other threads.

The story sounds like a potentially interesting premise.

I don't get why the title of this thread is amongst us girls.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(September 4, 2016 at 2:37 am)paulpablo Wrote: I don't get why the title of this thread is amongst us girls.

Precisely.
~ Erin Hunter
(September 4, 2016 at 2:33 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I am working on a new novel.

It involves a situation where 85 percent of the population suddenly, for no apparent reason, becomes infertile.

The situation also involves many other factors I shall not discuss because I already know where I am headed with this.

My opinion is that there's already a TV drama about this.  I don't remember what it's called though.
(September 4, 2016 at 2:54 am)bennyboy Wrote: My opinion is that there's already a TV drama about this.  I don't remember what it's called though.

I appreciate your opinion, but thankfully my novel will be too good tv.
~ Erin Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VT2apoX90o

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I thought about something different once. A group of people decides to kill every single human on earth except for them, and they have a date in mind and everything. But the whole thing is written from the future for the past, where it somehow gets through some sort of communication transcending time. So the narrator is one of those people and is writing to a younger self to stop the whole thing.
Children of Men edit: DBP got there before me Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 4, 2016 at 2:33 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I am working on a new novel.

I wish you all the luck in the world, but don't get your hopes up.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 4, 2016 at 4:01 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VT2apoX90o

I saw that movie at the theatre. Its not a bad movie.