Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Arrival
The Arrival
I'm a sucker for intelligent hard Sci Fi, and this looks like it could be good.  It's based on a short story by Ted Chiang titled,  "Story of your life".

I just hope it's better than the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
RE: The Arrival
I hope it's better than Interstellar.

That movie blew.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 7, 2016 at 11:45 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I hope it's better than Interstellar.

That movie blew.

Interstellar was pretty sick bro.
It had potential tho.
Now I feel really low.
I should just go.
Even tho...

It was "SickAf!"

I loved Interstellar.
I think I'll like this one too.
If you want to like a movie, then don't read the story beforehand. I made that mistake several times already...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I feel like this is going to be the smartest SF movie I'll watch this year:

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The Arrival looks like it's my cup of tea, great!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Beautiful cinematography but the story seems bad and I don't like the performances.

I'll have more to say after I watch it.
I'm definitely eager to see this on cable.
Did someone say "Arrival"

https://www.google.com/search?q=abba+arr...wQ_AUIBygC