Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realisation
Realisation
Up until very recently I would have either considered myself agnostic or more accurately having no religious views, however after a lot of reading and thinking about the nature of the universe. I have come to believe there is no God and that I am an Atheist rather than Agnostic.

Also after reading the works of Dawkins, Dennett, Harris and Hitchens I agree with a lot what they say, especially that god is an psychological illusion and an invention of man (which I dont believe are bad things in themselves). I agree with them because of personal experience, because in my life I have very little to none of the sense of something 'out-there' or 'higher than me' a lot of other people talk about, I just feel nothing in that regard and the universe to me is an bleak, lonely and empty place.

I am finding this realisation after a lot of thinking which has been keeping be awake at night so to speak, both intenstly liberating and frightening at the same time. Why frightening may you ask, because sometimes I fear the end of my life when it comes, because all I see is nothing and also I have friends who are evangelical christians and would think very differently of me if I were to admit to them is my hardcore atheism.
undefined